Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 24, 2005, 9:52 AM   #1

Hello,

I've looked at various reviews and comparisons between the DS and DL, but I haven't been able to find an answer to this question:

Does the DL have interchangable focussing screens like the DS, or does the DL have a fixed focussing screen that can't be removed?

Thanks in advance to any replies!

Edward
ejgladwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 26, 2005, 2:46 AM   #2

ejgladwin wrote:
Quote:
Does the DL have interchangable focussing screens like the DS, or does the DL have a fixed focussing screen that can't be removed?

The DL-screen is NOT removable.

Only D and DS have interchangable screens.

And remember: The DL has a penta-MIRROR-finder, not a prisma

Alfred

tekade_alfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2005, 3:05 AM   #3

Thanks for your reply. I thought that the DL had a non-removable foucssing screen, but I just couldn't find it mentioned in any reviews, so I thought I'd better check Thanks again!
Old Oct 28, 2005, 6:14 AM   #4

I don't know about other markets, but here the DL is less than $100Cdn cheaper than the DS, to me you are giving up way too much for your $100 by buying a DL. This is definitely just a camera for occasional photographers who want a quality camera.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2005, 9:09 AM   #5

Luckily I already have a *ist DS, I was asking as my sister may be getting a camera and I thought a DL would be a good cheaper option as she would be able to borrow my lenses.

Over here (England) supply of the DS seems to be drying up in most shops (or they have it but aren't advertisting it). I've seen the DL body only for £453 and the cheapest I've seen the DS body only is £590. I reckon it's probably enough of a difference to make my sister lean more toward the DL
Old Oct 28, 2005, 12:50 PM   #6

ejgladwin, if prices were that much different here the DL would be allot more attractive. The DS is disappearing here as well but it is being replaced by the DS2 which is still about the same price. I would really like a DS or DS2 witha split image rangefinder focusing screen, so it would be more convenient with my old MF lenses.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote