Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 5, 2005, 5:59 AM   #11

congrats, that's an excellent price. the 360 doesn't have near the reach of your 400ftz tho..
Old Nov 5, 2005, 9:27 AM   #12

Hi Roy;

I'll keep the 400 for times when I really need that distance and can afford the time to set up for manual. Right now I take a lot of flash shots in a basement room, the internal flash is [email protected]#$#@, and the 400 is too tempermental for quick shots. As Dustin Hoffman said in Little Big Man, "Sometimes the magic works, sometimes it doesn't."

Since I got a great price, I will wait for the AF540FGZ to come out and then sell the 360 on eBay.

Regards, Rich
Pastor Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2005, 5:45 AM   #13

Bumping this for update like I said I would.

I charged up some of my 2400's, noted my counter was almost about to reset itself, so I said i wouldnt take the batteries out till they ran down.

On the new counter, I have taken 1150 shots, majority with autofocus, a few with inbuilt fill flash, about 200 with a hotshoe flash, and reviewing photos on the LCD every now on then.
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2005, 9:12 AM   #14

That's amazing.

Pastor Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 1:19 PM   #15

I just finished the batteries (CR-V3)that came with the DS when I bought it. They gave me 1866 shots! Very few with the flash, but quite some reviewing with the LCD screen.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 4:07 PM   #16

I just bought the Energizer 2500 MaH batteries and the charger...the charger looked like it could handle 8 batts at a time, but it really is only four...the extra slots are for 9V batts or extra space for D size batts...also, the red light comes on when charging, but the light goes out when charged...there does not seem to be a green light for "full"

But I know there is a system that can charge 8 AA batts at a time, with a red/green light, which is easier overall...

Does anyone know the brand of charger and batts that does this???...I bought mine at WalMart but I did not see it there...

What I did see, tho, was a car charger that would charge 4 batts...that would be a nice feature, to be able to charge in the car, so 4 can charge while you use the other 4, come back and switch batts...also keep an extra set of reg lithium batts for emergency, shelf life of 10 years...

Thanks...Bob
marsha7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 5:54 AM   #17

Pastor Rich wrote:
Quote:
Hello all;

With my DS2, I got about 200 shots with a fresh set of 2500mAh Energizer rechareables. Probably more than half used the flash.

I thought this was a bit low (about 1/2?) compared to the guide given in the DS2 manual.

Does anyone else have any experience to share?

Thanks, Rich
I think the number of shots you get is normal and typical, unless you don't use built-in flash nor the LCD for most of the time.

I consistently can get roughly slightly less with my NiMH batteries, and usually less than 200 nos. with my 2100mAh Sony and 2000mAh Pana batteries. I bet your 2500 ones can get just a bit little more.

For your info, I use instant review (with histogram plus highlight clipping warning displayed) and playback from time to time extensively to ensure the correct exposure at the field, even I shoot RAW mostly. Thus, the battery life is shortened. But I think this is a must to ensure the best results, I must say again. Besides, don't think that if one can shoot RAW to compensate for the exposure as I dare to say that this concept is absolutely wrong: http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh/FA...ta_EF_RAW.html

With my RCR-V3 batteries, I can get over 300 shots, though. But do note that only voltage regulated RCR-V3s should be used in our DS, otherwise the camera might be damaged! Mine has the same voltage as CR-V3 disposable lithiums, so the performance and reliability of my DS is ensured. Nevetheless, with CR-V3 disposables, the battery life is longer, though. But then the running cost is very high. I use only those disposable CR-V3 for power backup only now (I use only Sanyo and Pana CR-V3 now as I did have the experience that Energizer CR-V3 would hang the camera when it was very new).

RiceHigh
http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh
RiceHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 7:53 AM   #18

marsha7 wrote:
Quote:
I just bought the Energizer 2500 MaH batteries and the charger...the charger looked like it could handle 8 batts at a time, but it really is only four...the extra slots are for 9V batts or extra space for D size batts...also, the red light comes on when charging, but the light goes out when charged...there does not seem to be a green light for "full"

But I know there is a system that can charge 8 AA batts at a time, with a red/green light, which is easier overall...

Does anyone know the brand of charger and batts that does this???...I bought mine at WalMart but I did not see it there...

What I did see, tho, was a car charger that would charge 4 batts...that would be a nice feature, to be able to charge in the car, so 4 can charge while you use the other 4, come back and switch batts...also keep an extra set of reg lithium batts for emergency, shelf life of 10 years...

Thanks...Bob
ah,,, marsha/bob,
try www.thomasdistributing.com for a charger. i seem to remember one there that does 8 bats at a time.
as far as a car charger. i've got a ac/dc 150 watt converter that pluga into the lighter socket. plug your household charger into it and go. the good thing about it is it will also power my laptop or small TV. think i paid about $15 for it.. try ebay.

roy
Old Mar 26, 2006, 9:45 AM   #19

I agree with Robar- the MAHA MH-C801D does 8 batteries at once. It Charges each Cell Seperatly, You can sepecify a Quick or Slow charge and It will Condition the batterys. Each cell has its own LCD Display that tells the Status of the Charge in each. I own it and it works great.
As to battery life. I have 4 sets of the PowerEX 2500's and can get between 500 and 700 shots. I very selden use the LCD and have turned off the built in Flash. I have a seperate unit Sigma EF500 DG ST.
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 12:57 PM   #20

errno_gmm wrote:
Quote:
It all depends on how you use the camera. If you are endlessly viewing the LCD screen for each picture, its going to oops the batteries dry.
Wow!! 1150!!!

New theory, length of time affects battery charge just as much; my three sets all go dead at the same time; the ones in the camera, and the two backups in my bag!

I run out of juice, switch to the backups, a few shots; dead.
Panzergnome is offline   Reply With Quote