Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 12, 2005, 11:19 AM   #1

And found.. FISHIES

Attached Images

errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 12, 2005, 11:20 AM   #2

Visibility wasn't that great, and I was more or less testing out the equipment see how it all goes, etc, etc
Attached Images

Old Nov 12, 2005, 11:20 AM   #3

another
Attached Images

Old Nov 12, 2005, 11:21 AM   #4

Last one
Attached Images

Old Nov 12, 2005, 2:02 PM   #5

errno,
great images. how about some background about them. how about a pic of your setup..
Old Nov 12, 2005, 9:01 PM   #6

Yep, was just going to get to that.

If any of you remember, a while back I was hunting for a housing for the DS. Well, I found one, it would cost me $1800 euro.. EURO. I am not prepared to pay for something for the camera that costs more than my camera and gear put together. If I went with this housing, I would also need underwater strobes - another cost I didnt want to have.

So I got a ewa housing. According to many reviews - yes, it is just a $300 ziplock bag. But it works.

Here is a link to the product page - the site is in frames and this will link to a particular frame, but you guys can work out the top level domain if you need to - http://www.ewa-marine.de/english/cameras/e-uaxp.htm

The main benefit of this, I can use my TTL flash in it. Its very fiddly putting it all together but with practise it is getting easier each time.

Putting it into the water with the camera for the first time is very scary. Of course, I did test it BEFORE I put the camera in.

But yeh, for snorkelling, this is perfect. I wont dive more than 50m, and I doubt the housing will be usable at that depth anyway, and in good visibility Im sure my pics will be alot better than what Ive got here.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 9:48 PM   #7

does it have room for an off camera flash???

50m?? yeah, i doubt it will do 5 atmospheres.. deepest i ever did was about 33m and it was short and sweet..
Old Nov 12, 2005, 9:55 PM   #8

Yeh, I just stick my sigma 500ST flash on the hotshoe and it works fine. Most shots seem to be taken around 1/180 with f/9.5 or f/13. With those apetures Im not sure i actually need to use the flash, I might be able to get away without it. But the problem then, the pictures will most likely be very saturated with blue.

As it is those above were very blue and rescued with photoshop, Which is why they arent the best pictures.

After christmas I am going to exmouth, and ningaloo reef up north, and hopefully will get alot better pictures.

I have no doubt it will survive 50m depth, the problem is i doubt any buttons will be usable after 10m or so :lol:
Old Nov 13, 2005, 8:26 AM   #9

i think i'd stay w/the flash at all times to get the actual color. all UW shots i've seen are best w/the flash or other manmade lighting.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 8:40 AM   #10

robar wrote:
Quote:
does it have room for an off camera flash???

50m?? yeah, i doubt it will do 5 atmospheres.. deepest i ever did was about 33m and it was short and sweet..

... why doubt ???

We sell the UK-Housings (about the same price) - they are for a depth of 80 meters (=appr.8 bar).Never heard of any problems!
tekade_alfred is offline   Reply With Quote