Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 12, 2005, 8:01 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2
Default

Howdy. I went on a long trip thru S. America with my DS and the end result was a beat up camera, and a badly marred LCD screen. I'd like to replace it somehow, has anyone got any experience in this kind of thing? Advice? Is it easy to pry the thing off and where would I find a new one? Thanks
Hyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 12, 2005, 9:04 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
errno_gmm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 518
Default

I am afraid your repair will most likely be more than the camera. I could be wrong though,but how beat up is it?

Perhaps you might want to look at getting the DS2 if its in that bad shape
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 9:30 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2
Default

It's still useable no doubt and I am happy with it. Was just hoping I could find an easy fix.
Hyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 9:44 PM   #4
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

hyla,
i have a clear protector on my screen as well as on the fuji. you can get screen protectors for palm pilots, PDAs and cut them down. the canon printer i lately came with almost an acre(lol) of the stuff.. as errno said --the fix will be quite expensive i'm sure.. the clear plastic i'm talking about is like saran wrap and just adding it may make quite a few of the scratches invisible. this interests me and i'd like a follow up from you if it works..



roy
  Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2005, 9:35 AM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 99
Default

robar wrote:
Quote:
hyla,
i have a clear protector on my screen as well as on the fuji. you can get screen protectors for palm pilots, PDAs and cut them down. the canon printer i lately came with almost an acre(lol) of the stuff.. as errno said --the fix will be quite expensive i'm sure.. the clear plastic i'm talking about is like saran wrap and just adding it may make quite a few of the scratches invisible. this interests me and i'd like a follow up from you if it works..

If the scratches are on the display, it's too late!

I use the dicain-LCD-hood - it's almost invisble, very solid and almost no reflections.

In the package are two hoods: one for the monitor on the back and one for the top. You can get in many shops, a pictureis in our shop:

http://www.tekade.de/Angebot/1179b.jpg
tekade_alfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2005, 9:44 AM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 99
Default

Hyla wrote:
Quote:
Howdy. I went on a long trip thru S. America with my DS and the end result was a beat up camera, and a badly marred LCD screen. I'd like to replace it somehow, has anyone got any experience in this kind of thing? Advice? Is it easy to pry the thing off and where would I find a new one? Thanks

Did you call your local Pentax-Service?

Pentax-germany f.e. tells the probable price of the repair before you send the camera.

I think the Display as a spare-partwill not be much cheaper than letting pentax change it....
tekade_alfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2005, 9:27 AM   #7
igo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 114
Default

clean the LCD with mild soap....Windex of the like. Use soft cotton to aply a floor or plexi polish. This will reduce the effects of scratches.
igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2005, 4:20 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
joelw135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 310
Default

tekade_alfred wrote:
Quote:
robar wrote:
Quote:
hyla,
i have a clear protector on my screen as well as on the fuji. you can get screen protectors for palm pilots, PDAs and cut them down. the canon printer i lately came with almost an acre(lol) of the stuff.. as errno said --the fix will be quite expensive i'm sure.. the clear plastic i'm talking about is like saran wrap and just adding it may make quite a few of the scratches invisible. this interests me and i'd like a follow up from you if it works..

If the scratches are on the display, it's too late!

I use the dicain-LCD-hood - it's almost invisble, very solid and almost no reflections.

In the package are two hoods: one for the monitor on the back and one for the top. You can get in many shops, a pictureis in our shop:

http://www.tekade.de/Angebot/1179b.jpg

How much is the LCD hood for the DS shipped to USA?
joelw135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2005, 7:38 PM   #9
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

joel,
who are you asking here.. you've got too many quotes..
  Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2005, 7:41 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
joelw135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 310
Default

I was asking Tekade.de. I looked on his site, but don't read German.
joelw135 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:12 PM.