Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 12, 2005, 8:01 PM   #1

Howdy. I went on a long trip thru S. America with my DS and the end result was a beat up camera, and a badly marred LCD screen. I'd like to replace it somehow, has anyone got any experience in this kind of thing? Advice? Is it easy to pry the thing off and where would I find a new one? Thanks
Hyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 12, 2005, 9:04 PM   #2

I am afraid your repair will most likely be more than the camera. I could be wrong though,but how beat up is it?

Perhaps you might want to look at getting the DS2 if its in that bad shape
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 9:30 PM   #3

It's still useable no doubt and I am happy with it. Was just hoping I could find an easy fix.
Hyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 9:44 PM   #4

hyla,
i have a clear protector on my screen as well as on the fuji. you can get screen protectors for palm pilots, PDAs and cut them down. the canon printer i lately came with almost an acre(lol) of the stuff.. as errno said --the fix will be quite expensive i'm sure.. the clear plastic i'm talking about is like saran wrap and just adding it may make quite a few of the scratches invisible. this interests me and i'd like a follow up from you if it works..

roy
Old Nov 16, 2005, 9:35 AM   #5

robar wrote:
Quote:
hyla,
i have a clear protector on my screen as well as on the fuji. you can get screen protectors for palm pilots, PDAs and cut them down. the canon printer i lately came with almost an acre(lol) of the stuff.. as errno said --the fix will be quite expensive i'm sure.. the clear plastic i'm talking about is like saran wrap and just adding it may make quite a few of the scratches invisible. this interests me and i'd like a follow up from you if it works..

If the scratches are on the display, it's too late!

I use the dicain-LCD-hood - it's almost invisble, very solid and almost no reflections.

In the package are two hoods: one for the monitor on the back and one for the top. You can get in many shops, a pictureis in our shop:

http://www.tekade.de/Angebot/1179b.jpg
tekade_alfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2005, 9:44 AM   #6

Hyla wrote:
Quote:
Howdy. I went on a long trip thru S. America with my DS and the end result was a beat up camera, and a badly marred LCD screen. I'd like to replace it somehow, has anyone got any experience in this kind of thing? Advice? Is it easy to pry the thing off and where would I find a new one? Thanks

Did you call your local Pentax-Service?

Pentax-germany f.e. tells the probable price of the repair before you send the camera.

I think the Display as a spare-partwill not be much cheaper than letting pentax change it....
tekade_alfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2005, 9:27 AM   #7
igo

clean the LCD with mild soap....Windex of the like. Use soft cotton to aply a floor or plexi polish. This will reduce the effects of scratches.
igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2005, 4:20 PM   #8

tekade_alfred wrote:
Quote:
robar wrote:
Quote:
hyla,

If the scratches are on the display, it's too late!

I use the dicain-LCD-hood - it's almost invisble, very solid and almost no reflections.

In the package are two hoods: one for the monitor on the back and one for the top. You can get in many shops, a pictureis in our shop:

http://www.tekade.de/Angebot/1179b.jpg

How much is the LCD hood for the DS shipped to USA?
joelw135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2005, 7:38 PM   #9

joel,
who are you asking here.. you've got too many quotes..
Old Nov 21, 2005, 7:41 PM   #10

I was asking Tekade.de. I looked on his site, but don't read German.
joelw135 is offline   Reply With Quote