Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 17, 2005, 3:04 PM   #1

Here is the equipment I use for large and small game.

joelw135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 17, 2005, 9:03 PM   #2

what lens is that, and what in christ is plugged into your remote
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2005, 10:56 PM   #3

The lens is the Tamron 70-300mm Macro, and the wire is the trigger for the camera. It allows me to focus and then shoot.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 7:28 PM   #4

this looks real nice joel..

LINKS?????
Old Nov 18, 2005, 7:32 PM   #5

As far as a link to my stock, I can't help you. But there is a fantastick one here: http://www.bushawk.com
Old Nov 19, 2005, 4:51 AM   #6

thanx joel,
how about some images taken w/it??
Old Nov 19, 2005, 8:49 AM   #7

As soon as I get out i will try to get some. My original outfit was with an Olympus camera, which I sold.
Old Nov 19, 2005, 9:05 PM   #8

Here is the stock with new Pistol Grip modification I did today. I found with this heavier lens and camera it wanted something stronger and better balanced. So I came up with this. It still Has the tripod or Monopod mount at the bottom of grip.
Old Nov 19, 2005, 10:50 PM   #9

Shoulder stocks are indeed hard to find now-a-days! I thought I had lost mine awhile ago and thought, "No Problem, I`ll just do a search on-line and order me another one." Hah! I went "nutz" looking for one, that didn`t cost a lotta loot. Luckly I found my old one behind something or another in the closet. I used to follow motor boat racing and the shoulder stock came in real, realhandy with superlong telephoto lenses, and in particular, while doing panning shots. I still have my Pentax 400~600mm (F8~11)"mirror/reflex" lense. Iexposeda lot of ASA 400 filmwith that lense!I found tripods and mono-pods to bevery cumbersome, and a real pain in the arse to move around with, but the shoulder stockwas itso eezee to move around with! At first I useto use a cable release with my stock, but the cable broke and I had to just mount the lense & body comboon the stock and use the shutter button on the body.

Bottom line..., if ya use a supertelephoto lense, andmove around a lot, during a shooting outing, and can get yer mitts on a shoulder stock for a decent price, get it! I think you`ll be glad ya did.

S`later, JH :G

P.S. Hey Joel, who makes that shoulder stock that you have?

John H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2005, 11:02 PM   #10

The stock is made by Hama in Germany. I got it about 5 years ago. There is a great stock made by Bushawk http://www.bushawk.com. It cost $99.00 for the stock & depending which shutter release your camera uses will depend on cost. It has loads of accessories available. That is why I choose to modify the stock i have to make it more stable. The largest lens I ever had was an Ashi Pentax 300. I wish I still had it. Your 400 must be great wide open.