Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 21, 2005, 7:01 PM   #11

When I bought my DL i got bundle with Pentax 18-55 and a Quantaray 70-300 Macro

I have taken most of my shots with the 18-55 has a good range, but occasionally pull

out the 70-300

I bought mine at Ritz camera, came standard with the 18-55 for $699 and for another

$100 I got the 70-300 was a good deal
MikieP67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2005, 1:17 AM   #12

joelw135 wrote:
Quote:
Here is one vendor with loads of kits. http://tinyurl.com/c9h9m I personaly think the DS might be a better deal.
That was the company that I was originally going to order from. Until I found a review website that basically gave every negative comment possible about that place. Customer service, bait and switch, the whole deal was bad from start to finish. Avoid this place if you can.

On a lighter note, I just ordered my DS2 w/ 18-55 wide angle lens. It was a good price, and it'll be a good start out of the box. If the rebate is still there, I might pick up the 28-200 lens after X-mas.

I cant wait to post some pictures with it. Too bad I have to wait till X-mas to play with it.
Rbothell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2005, 8:17 AM   #13

Great, good luck with the camera, you wil love it for sure.
joelw135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2005, 7:34 PM   #14

Thanks! I ordered it from B & H Photo in NYC (ordered online to avoid sales tax) on Sunday night, and got it via UPS today! Only took two days to process, ship and deliver! I was amazed!

Of course, since its a X-mas gift, I can't really play with it yet, and I need to buy a SD card and some rechargable NiMH AA's for it...but so far, its great!
And quick info on the better SD cards out there? And the rechargable AA's??

I plan to do a search for it, but figure the DS people in here would have some better input...

Thanks again
-Rob
Rbothell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2005, 7:41 PM   #15

As far as SD cards go for a name brand. Lexar, SanDisk Ultra II or III, Kingston, ATP has good writeup, and I have had good results with Kingmax.

As far as battery, if you plan to use rechargable, get 2500Mah. Here is where many of us go. http://www.thomas-distributing.com/

Good luck, any questions we are here.
joelw135 is offline   Reply With Quote