Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 21, 2005, 9:14 PM   #1

I'm looking at the DL, how do you like yours?
rritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 24, 2005, 7:25 AM   #2

Love it...had it about um....four months now after an FZ20...be careful "cos you get LBA!!!!!
daveinozbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2005, 9:52 AM   #3

LBA???

I got to get one in my hands yesterday and I was quite impressed. I also looked at the DS (wish they had a DS2) and the Konica Minolta 5D. I have to say the 18-70 lenses on the Minolta has got my interest too. The ISO range is a little better along with the Anti-Shake. The best part to all of this is I'm going to wait until after the holidays to decide on my next camera (better prices I hope). I currently have a Fuji S602 and it will get me threw the holidays. Thanks for your reply and please other DL users let me know what you think. I do have a whole bag of Pentax lenses from my film days (ME Super).:lol:
Old Nov 28, 2005, 5:07 PM   #4

The DL is a fantastic camera. I own one and a Nikon D50 as well. I've owned tons of DSLR's which include, Kodak DCS 315 and 620, Canon 10D, Nikon D1, Sigma SD9 and a slew of EVF type cameras. The DL doesn't do any one thing the best but it does everything very well and has 5 things that make it great!1. Best Optical Viewfinder in the sub-$1000 price point.2. 210,000 pixel 2.5" LCD- the biggest and best in it's class.3. 2.8FPS burst rate- better than most!4. Compatibility w/ K, KA, KAF etc mount lenses- superb optics and inexpensive to find on eBay.5. Lowest Price in the SLR group!It has excellent image quality and has arguably the best "kit" lens bundled with any DSLR.It's just a great camera and well worth the money- it's a winner! I respect it's capabilities and recommend the Pentax istDL to anyone considering the jump to SLR's.
stevenyc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2005, 8:12 PM   #5

I would thoroughly recommend Pentax. i have a *1ST DS ... and i love it. I suspect that it is now cheaper than the DL with the arrival of the DS2.I would look at it as it is a more solid camera than the DL but at the end of the day that is a personal preference.¬*I would repeat here¬* that it is REALLY important to try a camera out, see how it feels in the hands. This is a personal thing.¬*How does it handle??Is the view finder good?Do you like the way the buttons are set up. So for interest if you want everything to hand the KM is great ... but there are a lot of buttons!!! Pentax has a cleaner look but of course more things are buried¬* that you neeed to find by burying into menus.They all take fabulous photos .... whether Pentax or Canon 350 or Nikon D70 etc .... but you will know when you have your hands on it . However for me it is imperstive to have a clear viewfinder and after all who invented the pentaprism?¬*Tom¬*
tombell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2005, 8:19 PM   #6

That's a great recommendation and the DL and Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D are my likely choices. I do have several lenses from my ME Super days and this will weigh in my decision.

Again Thanks
Old Nov 29, 2005, 9:25 PM   #7

i use my M lenses all the time. i've also have a takumar,K 2.5, 135mm,that's a great lens.

it'd be better if was SMC, but you can't have it all..

let it wiegh heavily
Old Dec 17, 2005, 6:25 PM   #8

I love my istDL!
Attached Images

cootertwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2006, 3:20 AM   #9

I got mine just before Christmas and have been photographing everything. A large majority have been night shots, I love to doBulb setting and paint by flash/torch.

This is my first DSLR and I still use the 35mm film camera for work. I won't go back to 35mm for ease of operation, especially night shots.

My DL came with the 18-125mm lens and I have found that to be very felixble when shooting different scenes.

You won't be dissapointed.
Attached Images

Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2006, 9:51 AM   #10

Nice!

How come everything looks better in Australia?
Panzergnome is offline   Reply With Quote