Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 24, 2005, 2:37 PM   #1

with my fuji s7000 when i auto bracket all i have to do hit the shutter button once
and it takes care of all 3 shots. w/the ist it seems i have to manually hit the shutter button 3 times. am i missing something or is this just the way the cam works???
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 24, 2005, 5:18 PM   #2

I have not really used this auto bracketing feature on my DS as I make fine adjustments to exposure in my photo editor.

Once when shooting with shuuter speed priority I got the exposure totally wrong but still mananged to salvage reasonable shots using the computer.

But I have just checked my manual (p143) and it says when you setthe mode to auto bracket in the FN screen it takes three shots if you hold the shutter button down.

I just tried and it worked on mine.

Phil
philneast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2005, 5:49 PM   #3

i'll take a look. thing is, i thought i tried that.
i use PSCS as an imageprogram and have saved many an image.
i only shoot in raw and having an image under and over exposed can give you fantastic dynamic range if you know how to process them. you get a finished image that has all the low range details as well as the highlight details. actually you can do it w/only 1 rawimage but it's best to actually have the + & - exposures. obviously you have to use a tripod..

edit: i'll post a pic in awhile to show what you can do with 1 badly shot raw image.
Old Nov 24, 2005, 11:58 PM   #4

photoshop cs2 has a HDR merger built in and is quite good. Take at least 7 shots, 3 under exposed and 3 over exposed from the middle one, by keeping f-stop the same and varying the shutter.
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2005, 6:30 AM   #5

errno_gmm wrote:
Quote:
photoshop cs2 has a HDR merger built in and is quite good. Take at least 7 shots, 3 under exposed and 3 over exposed from the middle one, by keeping f-stop the same and varying the shutter.
yeah, i know that, but at this time i can't justify the upgrade $$ for cs2. guess i'll just have to do what little i know with cs........
Old Nov 26, 2005, 3:23 AM   #6

I am currently annoyed with CS2, little things that are different.

Forexample, I used to CTRL-click a layer, and it would give me the transparency selection for that layer. Doesnt do this anymore, and if it does i dont know how

Also no status bar at the bottom of the window. ARrrrgh!
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2005, 8:10 AM   #7

EG, don't know about cs2 but have you checked your prefrences??