Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 25, 2005, 9:46 PM   #1

I have found that camera prices are cheaper in the digital photo magazines in various store Ads which you have to order ONLINE. Are there any other tricks of the trade out there to find the cheapest camera? utilizing the price comparison sites like bizrate.com, priceshopper, etc... are not as cheap as the magazines (for the same stores advertising in the mag?)

Go ahead call me cheap but I do want the best deal out there! Any Ideas? I heard horror stories about online purchases.

I even have a friend looking for a DS or a DS2 in HongKong!

FunBug

:|
funbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 26, 2005, 2:21 AM   #2

Well, call the cheapest place you can find. They'll 'verify' the order, demand you buy all kinds of stuff it has to have to work (like proprietary batteries or something equally useless), then when you say no and want the camera for that price. They'll tell you it's not in stock and hang up on you.

B&H or similar will have it at a great price. Don't let the scammers make you think you're getting ripped off.
Panzergnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2005, 8:17 AM   #3

funbug,

i've had great experiences w/ebay. just saw a ''buy it now'' for a DL for $590 delivered.. when you ck sellers out at reselllers.com they may be on ebay also. they may get a bad rating online but their ebay rating is usually good because they have to worry about feedback that people can see instantly.. just do your homework.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 11:34 AM   #4

I've seen cheaper places to buy cameras. I went with B & H Photo in NYC. I ordered online (no sales tax) and it was at my doorstep in two days! No hassle, no questions...one of the easiest purchases I've ever made.

For the "no hassle" of it, I'll gladly pay a little more.
Rbothell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2005, 6:56 PM   #5

funbug wrote:
Quote:
I even have a friend looking for a DS or a DS2 in HongKong!

FunBug

:|
if you get it in hong kong your warranty be not be good in the states. don't know about canada tho. what's wrong w/ebay. i get a lot thru them
Old Nov 28, 2005, 8:24 PM   #6

Thanks guys,

I was never one to order through EBAY just never trusted it. Always prefered a phone # and someone on the other end of a phoneline, but now hearing the good stories of using ebay maybe ill look into it further.

FunBug:|
funbug is offline   Reply With Quote