Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 20, 2005, 7:46 AM   #41

msymons wrote:
Quote:
Who/where is it stated the DS is being discontinued? Unless the DS2 is the considered replacement or there's a higher Megapixel model around the corner, I can't see how the DS will be cut anytime soon.

It's a fact, that the DS / DS2is no longer continued (officially pentax) - this moment the only actually producedDSLR is the DL.

More cams will come next year.....
tekade_alfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 3:40 PM   #42

Horse feathers!!! Show me where Pentax officially say DS /DS2 is discontinued? It's still marketed on their USA site at http://www.pentaximaging.com/product..._slr/index.jsp

A telephone call to Pentax HQ in Golden will also contradict such claims.

The only places you will find this mentioned is the scare mongering on various forums and retail sites who don't want to stock anymore so have closeout sales. I can find endless searches on the internet for brand new stock available.

I thank you!
msymons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 10:47 PM   #43

This is BS the DS2 is still officially being produced the only discontinued ones are the *ist D and the DS.....
Quote:
pic_*ist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 4:15 AM   #44

msymons wrote:
Quote:
Horse feathers!!! Show me where Pentax officially say DS /DS2 is discontinued? It's still marketed on their USA site at http://www.pentaximaging.com/product..._slr/index.jsp

A telephone call to Pentax HQ in Golden will also contradict such claims.

The only places you will find this mentioned is the scare mongering on various forums and retail sites who don't want to stock anymore so have closeout sales. I can find endless searches on the internet for brand new stock available.

I thank you!

I wrote about production, not marketing! :idea:

(The *istD was "marketed" still more than one year after the production ended ....)

So: Just wait and see! :-)
tekade_alfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 7:14 AM   #45

alfred posted a firmware update was iminate.
i called pentaxusa and they assured me they new absolutely nothing about it. hmmm. two days later it was released. i don't give much credence to pentaxusa..
Old Dec 22, 2005, 11:30 AM   #46

About 6 months ago everyone was saying the classic 50mm FA 1.4 prime lens would no longer be produced. All the remaining stock was frantically snapped up in a flash and ebayers were pushing the new price over $300 a peice. Guess what? By the fall production ramped up & stock was back to normal within a few weeks. This boom, bust & back to norm all credited to horse feathers & the power of hot air!
msymons is offline   Reply With Quote