Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 30, 2005, 11:47 PM   #1

I just installed the new firmware version 2.0 on my DS. So far all works well. Some changes including Auto ISO. Here is the location to download. It is still not on USA site. http://www.digital.pentax.co.jp/ja/info/20050415e.html IMPORTANT: I had to remove batteries after update to reboot DS. Doesn't have this in instructions. Make sure you follow directions and have fresh batteries or AC adapter. This update took longer than 1.02.
joelw135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 1, 2005, 2:58 AM   #2

joelw135 wrote:
Quote:
I just installed the new firmware version 2.0 on my DS. So far all works well. Some changes including Auto ISO. Here is the location to download. It is still not on USA site. http://www.digital.pentax.co.jp/ja/info/20050415e.html IMPORTANT: I had to remove batteries after update to reboot DS. Doesn't have this in instructions. Make sure you follow directions and have fresh batteries or AC adapter. This update took longer than 1.02.

Hi joel,

you're too fast for me :-)

Igot that firmware 2.0some days earlier:blah: - and it works really fine.

It's right: the update takes rather long time for the two steps, but I did not have to remove batteries. After the info "complete" I switched off the cam and everything was ok.

So it would be interesting, if anybody has similar problems with the update
tekade_alfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2005, 6:07 AM   #3

i'l post later about this after i get home from the grind.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 9:44 AM   #4

Quote:
For prevent the confusion, the item that was not able to be set by the menu, made a gray character
Yikes!
Panzergnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2005, 10:01 AM   #5

That only means that you can only adjust when in the manual, TV or A mode. When you are in auto mode it is controlled by camera. Which is the way it should be.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 12:58 PM   #6

Anyone notice any increase in autofocus speed or in jpeg quality? Also pentax just bought my loyalty for an upgrade in 06 0r 07. No more beingenvious of the nikon crowd (nikon did the same thing for d70 owners)
amicah22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2005, 6:58 PM   #7

just updated and it did not go well. after all was done the cam would boot for about 1 sec. and then die. took out the card and bateries, i was using the pow adpt. switched to the kit lens. and tried again. the update took this time and all is well and i've redone my custum settings. all works well.. of course i need to go change my pants!!!!!

thisupdate also resets to default everything. including your numerical picture shot. to reset to your last number, take 1 pic and change the file number of the image to where you need to start. mine was im??3995, take another pic and it resets.. i used a card reader to do this but i'll bet you can do it with the cam itself.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 7:03 PM   #8

To reset the count to where it was prior to Firmware 2.0 take the last photo that you have saved and re-number to the number you want to start with and put it back in the SD card sub directory. Your next photo will be that number +1.

Old Dec 1, 2005, 8:50 PM   #9

Ok, Just done the update.

Its my first firmware update for the DS, i didnt bother with 1.01 and 02 as they didnt seem to offer anything.

anyway, heres how it went

Update process was quite quick, about 90 seconds as what the readme says. The readme translation isnt the best, and I assumed the camera would turn itself off when the update was complete but as a previous poster said you must do this yourself.

Turned it back in, and I had robars problem - it would come on for less than a second and turn off. I fixed this by removing the firmware file from the SD card, then it seemed to boot up ok, and all is well.

errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2005, 9:18 PM   #10

yeah!!! i waspooping solid bricks for awhile there!!!

roy