Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 10, 2005, 5:52 PM   #1

Does anyone know why or if support is planned for Pentax's RAW files?
stevenyc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 10, 2005, 9:19 PM   #2

From the reviews ive read, apeture is a $500 flop. Go get photoshop.
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2005, 11:35 AM   #3

I have both Aperture and CS2 but only CS2's "Bridge" can read and process the Pentax's RAW files........since Apple is touting Aperture as a RAW workflow solution, I think it's unfair they didn't add Pentax's PEF raw file to their compatibility list- it doesn't even seem as if they plan to do so.....is Pentax not being used by professionals-----I bet they are!Pentax ist's aren't being sold in the numbers of the Nikon's & Canon's- but for Aperture to be truly a "Professional Photographers" solution- they have to add pef compatibility. The word "professional" just means someone is using something to achieve a monetary gain- in other words if a Pentax user shoots a photo and sells it in any capacity- it makes him a "Pro" user....and from that point- I think all DSLR's raws should be added.
stevenyc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2005, 1:12 PM   #4

I agree with you there, but like I said, im not hearing grand things about Apeture, and it doesnt make sense why it wouldnt support pentax raw.

I also didnt realise that CS2 supported it either, until I checked some RAW files on my desktop (which i dont normally use), and they had icons - which opened up in photoshop and allowed me to import them with all the options like any other RAW converter.

In my opinion id say stick with photoshop, there hasnt been 10 successful versions for no reason :-)
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote