Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 21, 2005, 5:23 AM   #1

Hi,

on http://www01.fengniao.com/product/article/1/33/6421.htm

I just saw a picture of a SAMSUNG-DSLR, that looks VERY familiar to me..... only the lens seems to be SCHNEIDER-Kreuznach (german, samsung co-operates with them)

Does anybody understand the text ??? I would be glad to be able to understand ....
tekade_alfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 21, 2005, 7:16 AM   #2

page seems oriental and opens but does not show anything..
Old Dec 21, 2005, 7:36 AM   #3

robar wrote:
Quote:
page seems oriental and opens but does not show anything.
Looks like the page is removed

But meanwhile I collected some more infos:

The GX-1 is pentax-based (not clear DS or DL)

The lens is a SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH - Xenon 18-55 - this means schneider will produce K-mount-lenses too. And when -as expected- Carl Zeiss lenses will come with K-mount, there will be fine collection of high-end lenses .....

The cam is supposed to have a CYPRESS 9MPxs-chip

The SAMSUNG GX-1 will be available end of March 2006

EDIT:

here is a picture too:

http://www.tekade.de/news/html/pentax-news.html

Old Dec 21, 2005, 3:09 PM   #4

Ok, 9MP!

Any way to retrofit?
Panzergnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 3:56 PM   #5

if that holds the DL price point that is going to be a hard player to beat
pic_*ist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 6:08 PM   #6

Panzergnome wrote:
Quote:
Ok, 9MP!

Any way to retrofit?
Although theres no official word on it (or heck, any official info on this camera at all), I'd bet that the camera uses the K-mount. I cant see Samsung (who is a partner w/ Pentax) making their own mounting system, and therefore having to make much more lenses.

Besides, look at the kit lens! It looks like a re-badged DA 18-55, so I would guess that the camera would use Pentax K-Mount lenses.

And on what pic_*ist said (that if this was the price of the DL, it would be hard to beat If this was the price of the DS2, I think it would still be a huge seller. Marketing folks love big megapixel counts,and to some new and casual buyers, the megapixel countisall that matters.
Ironman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 2:53 AM   #7

Ironman11 wrote:
Quote:
Although theres no official word on it (or heck, any official info on this camera at all), I'd bet that the camera uses the K-mount. I cant see Samsung (who is a partner w/ Pentax) making their own mounting system, and therefore having to make much more lenses.

Besides, look at the kit lens! It looks like a re-badged DA 18-55, so I would guess that the camera would use Pentax K-Mount lenses.

Hi, the cam has k-mount, The lens is made by Schneider-Kreuznach, that's a samsung-owned brand (old german lens-manufacturer, excellent quality).

More cams will come in 2006, pentax AND samsung...

The GX-1Lwill be in the shops end of march 2006. (date is confirmed by samsung)
Old Dec 22, 2005, 7:50 AM   #8

tekade_alfred wrote:
Quote:
Ironman11 wrote:
Quote:

Hi, the cam has k-mount, The lens is made by Schneider-Kreuznach, that's a samsung-owned brand (old german lens-manufacturer, excellent quality).

More cams will come in 2006, pentax AND samsung...

The GX-1Lwill be in the shops end of march 2006. (date is confirmed by samsung)
Sounds pretty good! I'm still thinking that thats a re-badged (or possibly tweaked) DA 18-55. With the exception of the green line on the DA changing to blue on the Schneider and the slight changes in the textures of the zoom and focus rings, the lenses look identical.

But, on to the pictures:

--Alex
Ironman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2005, 1:40 PM   #9

I still have a DS2 at the top of my list but a higher MP Samsung may end up as my next camera (I always had two camera bodies when shooting 35mm, just in case).

Ira

BTW German label or not, the lens shown is almost identical to the Pentax 18-55mm. The grip material on the zoom and focus rings, the colour scheme and the labelling are the only differences I can see. If this is a new lens they went through great lengths to make it look exactly like the old one.

Cancel that, just got a DL for Christmas, I must have been a very good boy this year.

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2005, 6:45 PM   #10

is this the same camera ?
http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=378

my place - http://johndolphin.net/photos/
Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote