Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 9, 2006, 10:31 PM   #1

I 've had my DS for a year, and I couldn't be happier.I bought, about 8 months ago, a Powerex C204 cherger (I read a great review of it) and a set of Energizer 2500mah batteries.I don't use the camera all the time, not even every week sometimes.These batteries used to be fine for weeks in the camera, even without any use.But lately, they only last about 3 or 5 days. No matter what.*Is it a normal thing for that type of batteries? Should I get another set?If so, how high can I go as far as power is concerned. Should I get something more than 2500???Thanks for the help.
Burlapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 10, 2006, 8:36 AM   #2

Burlapp wrote:
Quote:
.These batteries used to be fine for weeks in the camera, even without any use.But lately, they only last about 3 or 5 days.
Hi Burlapp,

that's NOT normal!

First test your batteries (outside the cam):
  • Charge the batteries[/*]
  • Check voltage (cheapest digital voltmeter will do) Voltage of all 4 batteries should be the same![/*]
  • Wait some hours (or a day) check voltage again - nothing should be really different[/*]
  • Then take a resistor appr 1 Ohm / 1Watt (or bulb from torch) as load for the battery - parallel to the voltmeter for some seconds or a minute[/*]
  • The voltage should decrease very slowly and all batteries equally - otherwise your battery is damaged
[/*]
If the batteries are ok, you should contact your local pentax-service!
tekade_alfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2006, 12:58 AM   #3

Thanks a lot.I will try this.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 7:37 AM   #4

I had a similar issue with one of my sets of batteries and after checking them, one cell was not functioning properly. I replaced that one cell and all is good again.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2006, 7:14 PM   #5

Well. I still haven't been able to mesure the batteries.My friend's equipement isn't working.But they now only last 5 to 7 days in the camera, without using them.They also seem to be charging faster that they used to .*So if it is just tje batteries, I will try to get a new set.*I also wanted to know how "high" I can go. Mine are 2500.*Thanks
Old Jan 31, 2006, 4:19 AM   #6

Burlapp wrote:
Quote:
I will try to get a new set.I also wanted to know how "high" I can go. Mine are 2500.Thanks
You can use any battery higher than appr. 1700 mAh - the more the better

(Pentax/cipa-tests were with sanyo 2500)
tekade_alfred is offline   Reply With Quote