Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 14, 2006, 5:18 PM   #1

just got this today from ebay. it can't compare to tom's fa*300 but it'll do me for awhile.
sigma made a few versions of this lense -some good, some notso. i think i got a good one. this had the original registration card in the case dated 1993. it's not AF but does have the A setting on the ring. it appears NEVER to have been used. it's perfect.. also it cost me just under $100us delivered. it does in some images have some CA fringing. photobucket lets you create thumbnails so click the image for a larger view..

Sponsored Links
Old Jan 14, 2006, 5:29 PM   #2

Nothing to apologize for here, nice shots with modest equipment is one of the big advantages of owning Pentax.

You guys both have me beat, I have a Samyang 500mm f8 mirror lens. It can be fairly sharp but the contrast is quite low and forget about manually focusing it on moving objects. I do find that my old Sigma 70-210mm UC is much sharper than I expected so I do have a passable 210mm. I also have an ancient Tamron 200mm f3.5 screw mount lens that I cannot test right now because I don't have a screw to K-mount adaptor at present.I have never been a bird photographer but given the right situation!!

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2006, 5:37 PM   #3

ira,
who's apologizing??? i just made a statement. i think this is a good lens. i'd shoot the moon tonight for boog but it's cloudy. tried to shoot it the other night w/the 70-300 and nothing..
Old Jan 14, 2006, 6:13 PM   #4

robar wrote:
Quote:
just got this today from ebay. it can't compare to tom's fa*300 but it'll do me for awhile.
sigma made a few versions of this lense -some good, some notso. i think i got a good one. this had the original registration card in the case dated 1993. it's not AF but does have the A setting on the ring. it appears NEVER to have been used. it's perfect.. also it cost me just under $100us delivered. it does in some images have some CA fringing.

Don't see any CA ... They look like good shots!!

That 16-45 will purple fringe if you try, too.

Thanks for sharing, you always wonder about an inexpensive lens, now we know!
Panzergnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2006, 7:00 PM   #5

panzer,
the last time i bought a really cheap lens on ebay it was so full of fungus you could barely see thru it. i bought it on a whim just to see. think i paid 9.50 deliverd for it. actually i won the bidding with a bid of 1.80 i think. anyway i got a soft case, front and rear lens caps and a little knowledge about the anatomy of a lens.

need any parts??? lol
Old Jan 15, 2006, 2:29 AM   #6

The bird shots with the 400 are very nice and they look sharp also!

I really like the pelican ones!

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 9:52 AM   #7

here's another. thanks tom..

Old Jan 15, 2006, 10:12 AM   #8

That Sigma lens takes very nice sharp, contrasty photos, good job!

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote