Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 18, 2006, 9:19 PM   #1

Yep!

I just found an interested buyer in some music equipment that I have and he said that he should have the money within a month!!!! So that means that I should be able to get my *ist DS2 within the next month!!!! Now I have to start looking at SD cards and Printers....

Oh... One other thing, if any of you have any real good reputable dealers that you would really like to help out, then send me some info! There isn't anything here except for a Wolf Photo and I'm not too crazy about them. So if you have any suggestions for a good dealer, fill me in! If you have any recommendations for sd cards and printers, I'm all open ears as well....

Thanks again to all of you guys for all of the help and knowledge that you've shared with me since I joined up here on these forums... Your help is one of the biggest contributing factors of my deciding on the Pentax over the Olympus and the Canon.

Thanks again!!!
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 18, 2006, 9:31 PM   #2

If you want to print your pictures id recommend the Canon i9950, it does borderless A3 as maximum. Not too bad quality either.

But otherwise, I just get my 6x4's up to 8x12's done at a shop called Harvey Norman (in Australia), they print them off on the Fuji minilab on awsome fuji stock so it comes out really nicely. 6x4's are 29c (AUD) and the 8x12s are $5.95 (AUD). For the 6x4s i dont think there is a consumer printer that can print them that cheap, and noway you will get the quality that is achieved by the minilab
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2006, 9:43 PM   #3

Yeah, I know what you mean... I'm just looking for a decent printer to print things out and stuff that I may not want to take to the lab or if I need a quick print of something for a preview for someone else etc...
Old Jan 19, 2006, 6:35 AM   #4

i've got a canon ip6000d. it's AWESOME!!!! refilling is a breeze also.. i highly recommend it. or if you want 13x19 prints get the canon i9900(?)
Old Jan 19, 2006, 9:39 AM   #5

I use a Canon ip5200R. Has wireless networking, duplex, long life inks and 1picolitre inkdrops. Excellent.
beachboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2006, 9:48 AM   #6

For SD cards, take a look at the threads on this forum titled "One big SD card or several smaller ones?" and "DS2 Memory Card ??'s" Consensus seems to be to stick withname brands like Lexar, SanDisk, & Kingston. I'm very happy with my Lexar512 cards in my DS2.

I got my DS2 with no hassles or problems online from B&H, but their site says the DS2isout of stock right now... :sad:

I got mybatteries (2500mAh PowerEx) and charger (Maha C204W) athttp://www.thomas-distributing.com/

Let us know when you have your new DS2, and show us some pictures!

Dan
dan-mx-ds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2006, 3:31 PM   #7

I have the R1800 and could not be happier with it. As for memory cards i have both kingston elite and sandisk ultra 2's and both perform great in temp extreams and in terms of speed.
pic_*ist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2006, 3:17 AM   #8

Boog wrote:
Quote:
Yep!

I just found an interested buyer in some music equipment that I have and he said that he should have the money within a month!!!! So that means that I should be able to get my *ist DS2 within the next month!!!! Now I have to start looking at SD cards and Printers....

Oh... One other thing, if any of you have any real good reputable dealers that you would really like to help out, then send me some info! There isn't anything here except for a Wolf Photo and I'm not too crazy about them. So if you have any suggestions for a good dealer, fill me in! If you have any recommendations for sd cards and printers, I'm all open ears as well....
you had better hurry
there are very few place still stocking ds2
and they are concentrating on dl only

daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2006, 10:30 AM   #9

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
Boog wrote:
Quote:
Yep!

you had better hurry
there are very few place still stocking ds2
and they are concentrating on dl only

daniel
No one has them... And Samsung is going to be making everything for them now.... This REALLY irritates me as I despise Samsung.... Every Samsung electronic doodad that I've ever owned has either been great and amazing for about 5 or 6 months 'til it died, or a piece of crap right out of the box... So I don't know what I'm going to do now.....