Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 23, 2006, 7:17 PM   #1

I bought this lens on e-bay for a ridiculus price. I currently own a ist DL with an arsenal of old Pentax screw and k mount lenses (8 lenses).

Before I mount this on the camera is there a pin on the mount that should be removed so as not to experience the lens getting stuck on the camera.

I read on this forum (Just joined by the way and enjoy the chatter) that there is some problem with old sears lenses.

Some sears lenses were sharp as tacks. This lense is made in Korea and DOES have a A/P designation on the aperature ring.

Any help and instructions on how to avoid jamming on the camera. Would rather resell it than destroy it.

Thanks

TedP
TedP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2006, 11:43 PM   #2

I did get a lens stuck on my DS, but was able to remove with the help from this forum. Eventually I took apart the lens and removed the pin suggested by another forum user. Was not difficult at all and I am happily enjoy the camera.
macshak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 2:44 PM   #3

I had the same problem with a 80-200 cmc lens circa 1985.

I useda serated steak knif to saw off the pin just watch your fingers it works fine now.
notninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2006, 12:16 AM   #4

Update on the Sears K mount lens.

Did some research and found out that this was probably a samyang lens. Made for Ricoh and Pentax. There were two pins on this lens. One is recessed and the other was the one that made the lens stick on the camera. I took off the mounting ring and removed the recessed pin which was held in with a spring. The other one pulled out and had a diode attached. Put it all back together and held my breath as I mounted it onto the camera.It went on and off without any problems. It has 15 elements in 12 groups and focus smoohly. I used it at work and the photos came out very sharp.

I will post a couple of photos tomorrow and let you guys critique the results.

Thanks for all the help.

notninja-didn't have to use a serrated knife.

macshak- I found the thread and went from there.

Thanks again

TedP
TedP is offline   Reply With Quote