Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 24, 2006, 11:19 PM   #1

When using the istD S with a external flash (Quantaray QTB-7500A) I seem to have a new problem. I had just replaced the batteries in the camera and the flash and now when I take pictures with the flash the mirror stays up for a delayed time (1 to2 seconds).

When I use the built in flash it works like normal. Any Ideas what I should look at or setting that I should check and change?

01/25/2005

Just noticed that when there is more light avail and the flash is still required that I do not see the same behavior.
seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 26, 2006, 8:00 AM   #2

seashore wrote:
Quote:
When using the istD S with a external flash (Quantaray QTB-7500A) I seem to have a new problem. I had just replaced the batteries in the camera and the flash and now when I take pictures with the flash the mirror stays up for a delayed time (1 to2 seconds).
What camera-settings do you use?

Does this effect happen with all settings or only with special ones?
tekade_alfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2006, 7:00 PM   #3

"What camera-settings do you use?

Does this effect happen with all settings or only with special ones?"

It seems to do it on all the setting but I noticed it when I have it set to auto pictand manual focus do to the low level of light that start at. (night club darkness) I am relativly new to digital SLR and really new to lowlight phtography. Like I said tho when I use the built in flash the mirror pops up and then drops right away but not when I use the flash unit. The pictures turn out great its just the delay in the mirror that bugs me . I am going to take some picture tonite of a hip hop show with break dancers and will take soem pictures with the flash unit and without and post them here to see if you can get a idea from the image info.

thanks

seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2006, 8:19 PM   #4

this actually sounds like you have the 2second delay set under the F function. with the cam on press the f button and then the up button and see whats selected..