Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 28, 2006, 12:18 PM   #11

Fun Facts:

FWIW, screwmount lenses used with the flange-less Asahi/Pentax brand adapter are capable of stopped down metering in Av mode, using the shutter button at half press, just as with "A" lenses. You must, of course, set the aperture with the ring on the lens.

Putting some thintape over the flange on an "M" lens in the area that touches the electrical contacts at seven o'clock on the camera mount will allow the same thing by fooling the camera into thinking that a screwmount is attached.

With the tape off, FI with S Lens set to on, and the body set to AF allows use of the "secret" Trap Focus function. Search for that on the Pentax forum at dpreview to learn more.

Lou
derbunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 12:53 PM   #12

lou,

that's the first i've heard of this. do you have a link?? i post occasionally at dpr and this is the first i've heard of it.. my moniker there is DFW as robar was already taken..
Old Jan 28, 2006, 9:55 PM   #13

Oh, wow - robar, those are awesome photos! They've just convinced me that I'm not going to be making another mistake (I'm trying to sell a camera I bought a month ago, and I'm nervous about putting more money down on another camera).

Lou, I think I better get the camera first and read the instruction book. While I think I understand part of what you said, there's quite a bit of it I'm clueless about. Think I'd better keep reading this board also.

Thanks a million!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2006, 11:42 AM   #14

I referred to it as a "secret" feature becuase it is not in the manual, although it is desribed in the old ME or MX manual. A search of "trap focus" on dpreview turned up 61 hits. I tried to post the link to the results, but apparently you must log in to view it. A search from your login at the siteshould work.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1036

Hope this helps, Lou

derbunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2006, 2:17 PM   #15

thanx lou,

i'd found it with no problem.

roy