Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 28, 2006, 1:48 AM   #1

Found these and a flock of Canadian Geese in the river by my house the other day. FA* 80-200mm Pentax lens, hand held.

ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 28, 2006, 9:43 AM   #2

great capture tom.
sharp as a tack..
Old Jan 28, 2006, 11:11 AM   #3

That's a great photo, Robar!

Thanks for posting it.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 5:32 PM   #4

OK, you definitely have my attention ennacac, just what Pentax lenses do you own? I am seeing all of theses super sharp (and well composed) shots from FA* 300mm and FA* 80-200mm (f2.8??) and I can only wonder what other pieces of wunderglas you have up your sleeve (must have big sleeves). I am truly impressed.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 8:09 PM   #5

Thanks for the compliment!

I have had many of these lenses for over ten years and used them with my LX, PZ1-P and MZ-S, mostly with Velvia slide film. I have found that the film (full frame) lenses work great with my DS and I don't really see the need to purchase digital lenses, other than the kit lens that I use for wide angle shots.

The M*, A*, F* and FA* Pentax lenses are some of the best lenses ever made by any manufacturer and if you can find one for a reasonable price, grab it. The new Limited lenses are also top notch performers and can be had for fairly reasonable prices if you look around along with some under rated slower lenses on ebay.

I have a bunch of FA* and A* lenses that I find to be simply amazing in the quality of the image they produce with a 6mpx DS. Get the best lenses you can afford, because they will give you a better image, but the rest of the process is up to you the photographer.

The joy of digital is you can practice all you want for no cost to you other than time! I use to hunt with a gun, now I hunt with my camera and it is still a thrill to capture birds and animals and to show them on a screen or in a mounted print.

The FA* 300 is my best lens, with the FA* 28-70 2.8 and FA* 80-200 2.8 close behind. My best manual focus lens is my A* 84 1.4, which is tack sharp even at 1.4, altough the DOF is very thin and needs to be watched.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote