Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 31, 2006, 12:51 AM   #1

I am in the market for buying a dSLR camera. I work at costco and at my costco for some reason we sell the Pentax DS lense kit for only $699, it also comes with the the carring case too. ( dont really care for the case but its free). The orginal price for the camera and the price at every other costco is $789 for t he same kit and online its about $750 for just the body. Is it worth it?

This is the DS not the DS2.
superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 31, 2006, 2:38 AM   #2

superakuma wrote:
Quote:
I am in the market for buying a dSLR camera. I work at costco and at my costco for some reason we sell the Pentax DS lense kit for only $699, it also comes with the the carring case too. ( dont really care for the case but its free). The orginal price for the camera and the price at every other costco is $789 for t he same kit and online its about $750 for just the body. Is it worth it?
Normal kit-price in germany is 650 USD excl. VAT
tekade_alfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2006, 6:03 AM   #3

how much is VAT and what is VAT??
Old Jan 31, 2006, 8:14 AM   #4

Value Added Tax-The joy of living in the EU

VALUE-ADDED TAX [value-added tax] (VAT), levy imposed on business at all levels of the manufacture and production of a good or service and based on the increase in price, or value, provided by each level. Because the consumer ultimately pays a higher price for the taxed commodity, a VAT is essentially a hidden sales tax.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2006, 5:48 PM   #5

I thought it was worth it - I bought one for that priceat Santa Clarita Costco Sunday (Bakersfield Costco didn't have the camera at all). I didn't see any newDS cameras on-line when I looked (didn't look that hard), and the DS2 cost than that at B&H. From the reviews it sounds like there's not much difference between the DS and the DS2 other than the LCD. So far I'm still getting used to it, but can already tell that it is better than my last fixed lens digital.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote