Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 9, 2006, 10:10 AM   #11

Well, I just ordered a DS through,.......Tri-state. I really wanted to order it through Ebay, but I`m having a problem with my Ebay password. Long story short, I ordered it directly on line from theTri-State website late Tuesday night. They did send me a confirmation e-mail saying that they did recieve my order. I did just now call the sales rep., as per their request. He told me that he would send the camera out today. He didn`t try to "upsell" me, but did suggest a few accessories, like memory, batteries, extended warranty,and such, all of which I declined.

Before I placed the order, I did check Reseller Ratings as well as Biz Rate. Biz Rate did give them a better rating than Resellers. I`ll letya`ll know how goes.
John H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2006, 10:16 AM   #12

good luck john. maybe they've seen the light and want to improve their image.
did you ask for a tracking number??

good luck
Old Feb 10, 2006, 8:07 PM   #13

I just now checked, and I have a package on the way from Tri-State. Hopefully everything will be "just peachy" when it arrives. As I mentioned above, I`ve had good before in dealing with Tri-State, and I see that Ennacac just recentley was a satisfied customer. Hopefully, my luck will continue.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 11:05 PM   #14

just checked over at B&H and they say they have everything from the DL to the D IN STOCK..........

they are fairly good with their quotes.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 10:21 AM   #15

The DS from Tri-State arrived yesterday! I haven`t had time to even look at the manual. However, this weekend I`ll mount up a few of my old lenses and give it a whirl!
Old Feb 17, 2006, 8:26 PM   #16

Well, I did have a chance to read thru the manual last night. I`m sure I`ll be "buggin'" you guys with questions later on in regards to my newtoy. Please be patient with me, as I am stupid. I did buy 2 sets of 2500mah batteries, with charger,last night. Hopefully, Sunday will be nice and warm here in Miami, and I`ll go over to south beach where I`m sure I`ll find plenty of test shot subjects.:G I think it`s time to go re-read the manual again.

S`later, JH