Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 2, 2006, 11:15 AM   #1

Anybody seen the DS for sale anywhere on a reputable site? I've seen a few, but from questionable sellers.

Seems like the price should be pretty competitive with the DL now.

ccallana is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 2, 2006, 2:18 PM   #2

try costco - about $699. but the dl is now $100 cheaper than that everywhere and may go lower if past experience is any guide. sometimes what happens is that the older model does not drop any further in price but becomes rare enough on the market that it reverts to the originally announced price.*
ochiruna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2006, 4:14 PM   #3

friend just got a body from here
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pentax-IST-DS-6-...QQcmdZViewItem

or there are somemore on ebay here
http://listings.ebay.com/_W0QQsocmdZ...o=&saprchi=
Old Feb 4, 2006, 5:02 AM   #4

FYI,

Instead of the huge link posted which does work, one can go to tinyurl.com and input the link and come up with this instead...

http://tinyurl.com/992tm
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2006, 10:19 AM   #5

or like this

HERE
Old Feb 4, 2006, 12:52 PM   #6

I see Tri-State camera has the DS bodyavailable for $581. I have ordered4 or 5items from tri-state over the last half dozen years and I`ve never had a problem with them. I just this week got the money to finallybuy a DS, so.....

This morning I went to a big camera show here in Miami. I was hoping to try out, and maybe buy,a DS there. I do wear glasses which are a +2 diopter so I wanted to try the camera with my glasses on. I know the DS has a diopter adjustment, but it`s adjustable to only +1.5. They had veryfew digital cameras for sale at the show! It was all pretty much old film based cameras. I spent very little time at the show. At the Pentax website it says that the DS has a rubber shield around the view finder to protect eyeglasses, and the view finder itself.
John H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2006, 4:15 PM   #7

John H wrote:
Quote:
I see Tri-State camera has the DS bodyavailable for $581. I have ordered4 or 5items from tri-state over the last half dozen years and I`ve never had a problem with them. I just this week got the money to finallybuy a DS, so.....

This morning I went to a big camera show here in Miami. I was hoping to try out, and maybe buy,a DS there. I do wear glasses which are a +2 diopter so I wanted to try the camera with my glasses on. I know the DS has a diopter adjustment, but it`s adjustable to only +1.5. They had veryfew digital cameras for sale at the show! It was all pretty much old film based cameras. I spent very little time at the show. At the Pentax website it says that the DS has a rubber shield around the view finder to protect eyeglasses, and the view finder itself.
just be sure to go thru ebay with this dealer. he's got a good rep there but has one of the worse ratings here http://www.resellerratings.com/

in fact they've been caught over 50 times posting false ratings that the above will not accept ratings for them anymore.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 6:58 PM   #8

Thanks robarfor the "heads up"! Maybe Tri-State" has gone evilsince my last order from them, about a year ago. I searched the resellersratings sitefor Labellecamera.com which lists the DS for $560, and resellersratings had nothing on them. Has anybody here done business with Labelle? I `ll for sure go thru E-bay ifI do go with Tri-state.

I plan on also buying the digital 18~200mm Sigma lense real soonfor the DS. I see Adorama.com has it available, but Adoroma has a "so-so" rating with reseller. Any suggestions with the lense purchase?

I was really surprised this morning at the "big camera show" and how far behind the times the entire event was. I started out with cameras in the latter 1970`s with the Pentax K1000. I`ve owned numerous Pentax bodies, and lenses, since then. At one point I had my own dark room. Recentley, an old friend of mine gave me a an old K1000 in near mint condition.

Still..., I don`t miss 35mm at all!

Right now have a Panasonic FZ20 fixed lense unitand it`s a really decent camera,...but I "can`t wait" for a good DSLR!

S`later, JH :G
John H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2006, 9:04 AM   #9

robar wrote:
Quote:
or like this

HERE

Better yet and thanks.

Finding the DS is getting tough and I can't be of any help other than what already had been posted. I fortunately bought another one from Butterflyphoto about three months agoand am glad I did when I did as it was on for less than a month before it was gone and replaced by the DL.

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2006, 9:40 AM   #10

I just purchased a expensive camera backpack from Tri-State (through ebay) and found no issues with them at all that were negative. I got the backpack in a short period of time and packaging was first rate. I have seen the negative comments concerning Tri-State, but that was not my experience although I have only ordered one item from them.

I would look at http://www.resellerratings.com/ ratings also and then make up your mind if you want to take a chance on Tri-State.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote