Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 2, 2006, 9:19 PM   #1

Looking back I found this post "I want this NOW !!!!" on page 10 would love a grip like this!!
http://www.dicain.com/2002/zb/view.p...tice&no=56

anyone know where to get any grip for the *DS

thanks

biggyfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 3, 2006, 5:15 AM   #2

biggyfry wrote:
Quote:
Looking back I found this post "I want this NOW !!!!" on page 10 would love a grip like this!!
http://www.dicain.com/2002/zb/view.p...tice&no=56

anyone know where to get any grip for the *DS

We sell the dicain-grip, handstrap and LCD hoods

Grip: http://www.tekade.de/Angebot/angebot.html?0+k05-07+1147

It's really good!
tekade_alfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2006, 7:13 AM   #3

I got a similar one from ebay. the problem is that the hole for the tripod is too shallow to take my quick mount plate so i cant use it. It also covered the battery compartment. I found it a little uncomfortable to use because it constricts the angle you would normally hold a camera on so you have to stand almost side on to use it. It feels good to have the camera secure but I dont think its better without.
Mark47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2006, 8:49 AM   #4

Mark47 wrote:
Quote:
I got a similar one from ebay. the problem is that the hole for the tripod is too shallow to take my quick mount plate so i cant use it. It also covered the battery compartment. I found it a little uncomfortable to use because it constricts the angle you would normally hold a camera on so you have to stand almost side on to use it. It feels good to have the camera secure but I dont think its better without.

The dicain-grip is very comfortable (at least for my hands). You can reach the battery with attached grip (can be opened to reach the battery-compartment) It contains a detachable -30 cm-cable-release for long-time exposures and has a second shutter releas supporting half-pressed buttom.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 12:07 AM   #5

I thought he was talking about the strap and calling it a grip as that was the only thing in the photo when it opens. After clicking the www.dicain.com i saw that there was more and you are talking about the grip that is listedabove the two colourstrap. Yes that grip does look interesting, too bad I cant read the language.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 4:25 AM   #6

Mark47 wrote:
Quote:
I thought he was talking about the strap and calling it a grip as that was the only thing in the photo when it opens. After clicking the http://www.dicain.com i saw that there was more and you are talking about the grip that is listedabove the two colourstrap. Yes that grip does look interesting, too bad I cant read the language.
Hi Mark,

I put some (very) basic info in english here:

http://www.tekade.de/temp/engl_dicain.PDF

Alfred
Old Feb 6, 2006, 8:18 AM   #7

Hi
Thanks for that, so basically its so you can take photos vertically?
Old Feb 6, 2006, 9:44 AM   #8

Mark47 wrote:
Quote:
Hi
Thanks for that, so basically its so you can take photos vertically?
Hi Mark,

that's correct: the grip has a second shutter-release for vertical operation, supporting half-pressed buttom and in additition it has a 30cm-cable-release for long time exposures.

Alfred
Old Feb 6, 2006, 10:06 AM   #9

al, know of anywhere in australia that can stock this? Or can you ship to australia, if so for how much and what $$ (AUD) per unit?

There are a few of us from Australia here so perhaps you can offer us bulk discount
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2006, 3:33 AM   #10

errno_gmm wrote:
Quote:
al, know of anywhere in australia that can stock this? Or can you ship to australia, if so for how much and what $$ (AUD) per unit?

There are a few of us from Australia here so perhaps you can offer us bulk discount

Hi,

I don't know if there are shops in Australia selling that grip (it's a little bit too far away from germany ...). If you don't find one, there's no problem shipping to australia (or any other place in the world) - only the shipping-costs are rather high(parcel, up to 5kg): 37 EUR = appr 57 AUD. (Makes it lower/grip, if there is more than one grip...)

The (german) price of the grip is 159 EUR = appr. 241 AUD

You canhave it for 220 AUD for onegrip - 215 AUD/pcs for two or more grips

(+shipping)

(I don't know, if you have to pay taxes importing the grip to australia....)

Payment ispossible via PayPal (I think COD is not possible to Australia).

Alfred