Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 2, 2006, 9:19 PM   #1
Member
 
biggyfry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Nashville Tennessee
Posts: 57
Default

Looking back I found this post "I want this NOW !!!!" on page 10 would love a grip like this!!
http://www.dicain.com/2002/zb/view.p...tice&no=56


anyone know where to get any grip for the *DS

thanks

biggyfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 3, 2006, 5:15 AM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 99
Default

biggyfry wrote:
Quote:
Looking back I found this post "I want this NOW !!!!" on page 10 would love a grip like this!!
http://www.dicain.com/2002/zb/view.p...tice&no=56


anyone know where to get any grip for the *DS

We sell the dicain-grip, handstrap and LCD hoods

Grip: http://www.tekade.de/Angebot/angebot.html?0+k05-07+1147

It's really good!
tekade_alfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2006, 7:13 AM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 91
Default

I got a similar one from ebay. the problem is that the hole for the tripod is too shallow to take my quick mount plate so i cant use it. It also covered the battery compartment. I found it a little uncomfortable to use because it constricts the angle you would normally hold a camera on so you have to stand almost side on to use it. It feels good to have the camera secure but I dont think its better without.
Mark47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2006, 8:49 AM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 99
Default

Mark47 wrote:
Quote:
I got a similar one from ebay. the problem is that the hole for the tripod is too shallow to take my quick mount plate so i cant use it. It also covered the battery compartment. I found it a little uncomfortable to use because it constricts the angle you would normally hold a camera on so you have to stand almost side on to use it. It feels good to have the camera secure but I dont think its better without.

The dicain-grip is very comfortable (at least for my hands). You can reach the battery with attached grip (can be opened to reach the battery-compartment) It contains a detachable -30 cm-cable-release for long-time exposures and has a second shutter releas supporting half-pressed buttom.
tekade_alfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2006, 12:07 AM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 91
Default

I thought he was talking about the strap and calling it a grip as that was the only thing in the photo when it opens. After clicking the www.dicain.com i saw that there was more and you are talking about the grip that is listedabove the two colourstrap. Yes that grip does look interesting, too bad I cant read the language.
Mark47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2006, 4:25 AM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 99
Default

Mark47 wrote:
Quote:
I thought he was talking about the strap and calling it a grip as that was the only thing in the photo when it opens. After clicking the http://www.dicain.com i saw that there was more and you are talking about the grip that is listedabove the two colourstrap. Yes that grip does look interesting, too bad I cant read the language.
Hi Mark,

I put some (very) basic info in english here:

http://www.tekade.de/temp/engl_dicain.PDF

Alfred
tekade_alfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2006, 8:18 AM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 91
Default

Hi
Thanks for that, so basically its so you can take photos vertically?
Mark47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2006, 9:44 AM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 99
Default

Mark47 wrote:
Quote:
Hi
Thanks for that, so basically its so you can take photos vertically?
Hi Mark,

that's correct: the grip has a second shutter-release for vertical operation, supporting half-pressed buttom and in additition it has a 30cm-cable-release for long time exposures.

Alfred
tekade_alfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2006, 10:06 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
errno_gmm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 518
Default

al, know of anywhere in australia that can stock this? Or can you ship to australia, if so for how much and what $$ (AUD) per unit?

There are a few of us from Australia here so perhaps you can offer us bulk discount
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2006, 3:33 AM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 99
Default

errno_gmm wrote:
Quote:
al, know of anywhere in australia that can stock this? Or can you ship to australia, if so for how much and what $$ (AUD) per unit?

There are a few of us from Australia here so perhaps you can offer us bulk discount



Hi,

I don't know if there are shops in Australia selling that grip (it's a little bit too far away from germany ...). If you don't find one, there's no problem shipping to australia (or any other place in the world) - only the shipping-costs are rather high(parcel, up to 5kg): 37 EUR = appr 57 AUD. (Makes it lower/grip, if there is more than one grip...)

The (german) price of the grip is 159 EUR = appr. 241 AUD

You canhave it for 220 AUD for onegrip - 215 AUD/pcs for two or more grips

(+shipping)

(I don't know, if you have to pay taxes importing the grip to australia....)

Payment ispossible via PayPal (I think COD is not possible to Australia).

Alfred


tekade_alfred is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:15 AM.