Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 10, 2006, 8:45 AM   #11

al, you're right , the 50-200 is a great lense. i built my remote out of stuff laying around you need a 2,5mm stereo plug.
Old Feb 10, 2006, 1:06 PM   #12

making your own cable release huh....Intresting, I didnt think it was that simple. Any links on how to make a cable relase kit?
superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2006, 1:14 PM   #13

get a stereo 2.5mm male jack, attach 2 switches to each (assuming you know how to wire a 2.5mm stereo jack)

I tried finding a button that has a half-press and a full press like a shutter release, but no luck so i settled with 2 switches - 1 for AF one for release
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2006, 3:33 PM   #14

superakuma wrote:
Quote:
making your own cable release huh....Intresting, I didnt think it was that simple. Any links on how to make a cable relase kit?
see this thread.. i think all the info is in there but you might have to follow some links in it. i used a momentary DPDT switch i got at radio shack.
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...hutter+release
Old Feb 10, 2006, 3:39 PM   #15

Thanks you guys have been a big help to me. When I get a chance I will try to make my own cable release. Even though in the picture it make look kinda ghetto but Im one of those DIYer so I can brag about it to my non photographer friend on how smart I am.
:blah:

superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2006, 4:50 PM   #16

i'm a DIY person also. i've built the shutter release, a couple of LED ring lights, an off camera flash macro rig, and a lens reversing rig.