Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 12, 2006, 5:21 AM   #1

Hello all, I am new to this forum and just also got my first dSLR, the Pentax*ist DL. I love it! I was just wondering if perhaps a grip could be added to it in the future. Not totally a need but would be a nice addition. Thanks in advance.....Rico[img]/forums/images/emoticons/confused-smiley-017.gif[/img]
ricochico is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 12, 2006, 6:17 AM   #2

Try http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=80

I think it is good for DL too
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2006, 6:48 AM   #3

Thanks I'll check the link out and see.¬*
Old Feb 12, 2006, 6:53 AM   #4

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search
Mark47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2006, 8:51 AM   #5

Im afraid that grip wont work with ds or the dl mark, its designed only for the ist D camera. Theres no contacts on the bottom of the dl /ds to recieve commands from the secondry shutter release.
petch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2006, 10:51 AM   #6

Im afraid you stand correct sir. Oh well, not gonna let that rain on my sunshine. This will be a motivator for me to get hands down good with the DL to point that when the new Pentax stuff hit's the street I can buy a new one and hang on to my DL for my backup. Thanks for the info, sounds¬* like I should start learning what lens to accompany my 18-55 kit lens. Any suggestions, I am shooting everything, except sports.. mainly like doing abstract things and exprerimental along with people and nature.....Hope that's not to broad a description
Old Feb 12, 2006, 11:15 AM   #7

ricochico wrote:
Quote:
Im afraid you stand correct sir. Oh well, not gonna let that rain on my sunshine. This will be a motivator for me to get hands down good with the DL to point that when the new Pentax stuff hit's the street I can buy a new one and hang on to my DL for my backup. Thanks for the info, sounds like I should start learning what lens to accompany my 18-55 kit lens. Any suggestions, I am shooting everything, except sports.. mainly like doing abstract things and exprerimental along with people and nature.....Hope that's not to broad a description
yes, how about the pentax 50-200. get it at B&H for about $200us after rebate
Old Feb 12, 2006, 6:14 PM   #8

Thank You to all for your responses. Also thanks to Robar for the advice on the next lens to go with,¬* I had stopped by my local Ritz store today to say hello to them and they where kind and let me play with the Pentax 50-200mm on my DL Body and then another brand that extended that focul lenght out I think to 250mm before you do the 1.5 math that is. However I believe Robar's advice is best as they agreed with you. They felt that the 50-200mm would be a little sharper. I believe neither one of them could hurt me, being new to the lens gear. Thanks--Rico
Old Feb 13, 2006, 2:27 AM   #9

ricochico wrote:
Quote:
Hello all, I am new to this forum and just also got my first dSLR, the Pentax*ist DL. I love it! I was just wondering if perhaps a grip could be added to it in the future. Not totally a need but would be a nice addition. Thanks in advance.....Rico[img]/forums/images/emoticons/confused-smiley-017.gif[/img]
Hi Rico,

the dicain-grip works on DS / DL / DS2 /DL2 - the pentax BG1 only with istD (not S, not L)

A picture and Info in german:

http://www.tekade.de/Angebot/angebot.html?0+k05-07+1147

A "short-version-PDF" in english: http://www.tekade.de/temp/engl_dicain.PDF

Alfred

tekade_alfred is offline   Reply With Quote