Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 21, 2006, 2:45 PM   #11

Ira - I have the very same right angle viewer you have for my old pentax spotmatic and I plan to buy a DL if nothing big changes at PMA. I think I posted about it here earlier. Modifying the right angle finder will be my first project. I like to take wildflower pictures and sometimes this requires getting close to the ground in an awkward position. I used the right angle on my old spotmatic to remedy this, worked great - Bruce
bper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2006, 5:49 AM   #12

Hi all,

What are the advantages or disadvantages to use LCD vs. optical version angle finder?.

I will rarely use it for macro works, mostly use for candid photographs and capturing other object that are inconvenience to use fixed viewfinder or LCD.

Regards,

RTogog

rtogog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2006, 5:50 AM   #13

Hi all,

What are the advantages or disadvantages to use LCD vs. optical version angle finder?.

I will rarely use it for macro works, mostly use for candid photographs and capturing other object that are inconvenience to use fixed viewfinder or LCD.

Regards,

RTogog

rtogog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2006, 4:46 PM   #14

The LCD can only be used for reviewing what you've taken, it can't be used for viewfinding. So an angle finder would allow you to frame and so on with the camera at a lower level than your eye (I can relate to that when taking low growing wildflowers, I'm not as young as I used to be!). The LCD can't be used as a viewfinder at all.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote