Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 6, 2006, 3:42 PM   #1

i don't know what types of lens will do what i want. so i am looking to all you pentax users for info and exp. i need lens that are sharp and clear. give me a good range.and have a good coating that reduces unwanted flare. something that comes as close to seeing threw the human eyes as it can get.what i am planning to do with the lens is nature,art pictures like persons poseing with a glass of wine.modeling pictures,places of historical improtence.plese help.
Andre_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 6, 2006, 5:54 PM   #2

andre, whatever you get you are going to need to store all your equipment in a dry place. otherwise , with amount of humidity down there, eventually fungus will be a problem. you ought to get some silica gel packs or use a sock full of rice in your bag to cut down the dampness. i'm from new orleans and am familiar with the weather down there.

roy
Old Mar 6, 2006, 6:17 PM   #3

Since you are looking For lense thats Close to the human Eye. You Will need to look in the 28mm to 35mm Range. With the crop factor of the DS/DL, that would put you in the 40-50MM range. I cannot reccomend Any lense in particular, but i am looking at a Sigma 28MM-1.8

BK
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2006, 9:18 PM   #4

Andre,

You didn't say if you already have a camera, or if you already have one or more lenses. If you plan to buy a Pentax digital SLR, like the DS2 or DL, I recommend getting the "kit" lens (called that becomes it often comes together with the camera as a kit). The kit lens is an 18-55mm zoom, which goes from medium-wide angle, to "normal" (similar to human eye), to a little bit of telephoto. The kit lens is very affordable, gives good performance (not great, but good), and using it will help you decide what you like before you spend more money on other lenses. I have one, and I like it a lot.

Dan
dan-mx-ds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2006, 9:53 PM   #5

I am also a fan of the kit lens, it isn't great but it is very good.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:03 PM   #6

i like the kit lens but i need something more sharp lens that are less problms as i can get.i have a DL with the kit lens
Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:10 PM   #7

i am looking at a few lens that cost around 400 bucks. one is the sigma 18-50mm and sigma 55-200mm.