Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 10, 2006, 1:49 AM   #1

Hi folks,

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"As you can see I am new in this forum and this is my first post, however, I been reading this Pentax forum fora couple ofweeks now. I must say this is probably the most informative Pentax forum I've seen. It ceratinly helped me to decided on getting a DSLR rather than a "prosumer" type of expensive digicam. Also from reading the posts, it helped me to resolve some of my questions and concerns that I had with the Pentax dslr and now I am confident that the DL is the right choice for me.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I like to thanks Steve for providing us such a nice place to meet and exchange ideas and the knowledgeable folks in this forum. You guys are a good bunch. I hope after I received the DL dual lens kit (on order) and use it for a while I will be able to contribute some of my experience and share with the people here.

Attached Images

bright eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 10, 2006, 7:08 AM   #2

Welcome,

I too just received my DL just this week. After many years with my Fuji S602 I can tell you the transition was simple, quick, & fun. But best of all the pictures are fantastic and that is what we want from our cameras. You won't be disappointed. Yes strong words from a new user but this camera will give you that confidence.

Enjoy your new DL
rritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:29 AM   #3

hey BEs,

you are moving up from a nice cam. canon S2 IS. welcome, you will really enjoy it. look out for the dreaded LBA tho.

roy
Old Mar 10, 2006, 10:12 PM   #4

Hi Roy,

What is this LBA? Seen this a few times but haven't figure it out yet.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:21 PM   #5

I just finally figured out what LBA means. I knew what everyone was talking about, but couldn't figure out the actual words. It stands for Lens Buying Addiction, right? I've been wondering if I could hang around the local photo shows and pick up old lenses cheap, since I can't afford to buy many new, modern lenses. I keep going back and forth - I don't really need top lenses, I'm no pro (though I do want to get the Pentax 50-200 lens to replace my old Kiron, which does suffer from lens flare and reflections more than I like). Butthen someone posts some fabulous, sharp photo with some expensive, exotic lens, and all my good intentions fly out the window.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:45 PM   #6

Don't be ashamed of your addiction, we ALL have it, just that some of us have more expensive habits than others.

Startout slow, just a few little buys to see how you feel and then when you feel you need that extra rush, go for the limited and EX hits.

When you have sold off all your old sporting goods, that spare bicycle and maybe your favourite old TV, then you can start really hunting out those favourite lenses.

After you have either been divorced by your wife for ignoring her or selling your children to feed your habit, you know you are really ready for those expensive long primes like a nice 500mm f 2.8 or even a 800mm F4.

Come on you know you want it. :evil:
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2006, 3:11 AM   #7

So that's waht LBA is about, and here I thought it is some kind of disease!:-)

The dual lens kit I ordered will come with both the basic DA 18-55 and the DA 50-200mm Pentax lenses. That should be a good start for now. Is there any special way to change lens to minimized dust getting to the sensor?
Old Mar 11, 2006, 7:21 AM   #8

bright eyes wrote:
Quote:
1) So that's waht LBA is about, and here I thought it is some kind of disease!:-)
Quote:
Quote:
2) Is there any special way to change lens to minimized dust getting to the sensor?
1) It is!!!

2) Just be careful,
a) don't change lenses in dusty environments,
b) be fast, but careful, the least time without a lens mounted the better, but don't rush - a damaged camera or lens is much worse than a little dust.
c) be sure the camera is turned off when you change lenses,
d) hold the camera with the lens mount facing downward when the lens is off, minimizes the effect of gravity,
e) just carefully choose when and where you change lenses so that the environment is less likely to carry a lot of dust (I know this is stating the obvious, but this encompasses all other suggestions.)

Ira

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2006, 8:16 AM   #9

sooner or later you are going to have to clean the shield that protects the sensor. that's a fact. i got this easy to use sensor cleaning kit. think it was about $21us delivered.
https://www.micro-tools.com/store/Ma...de=DIGI-KIT4-F
it's scary the first time but you'll get over it. you do need a tripod tho. also i'd suggest an ac adapter. they have excellent instuctions on their site as well as in the kit.

roy
Old Mar 11, 2006, 12:32 PM   #10

Crashman wrote:
Quote:
Don't be ashamed of your addiction, we ALL have it, just that some of us have more expensive habits than others.

Startout slow, just a few little buys to see how you feel and then when you feel you need that extra rush, go for the limited and EX hits.

When you have sold off all your old sporting goods, that spare bicycle and maybe your favourite old TV, then you can start really hunting out those favourite lenses.

After you have either been divorced by your wife for ignoring her or selling your children to feed your habit, you know you are really ready for those expensive long primes like a nice 500mm f 2.8 or even a 800mm F4.

Come on you know you want it. :evil:
LOL! My husband would probably sigh and decide to eat hot dogs for a year or 2 - he knows that I never do things by half measures. And you do have my number - I wonder how much I could get for my oldice hockey equipment?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote