Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 12, 2006, 3:57 PM   #11

ccallana wrote:
Quote:
The only issue with the Picture modes (fully automatic) is that they use the "Bright" color option, which produces some oversaturated looks....

Use the P mode, which is mostly fully automatic, and set the color to Natural instead. The only thing you have to do is pop the flash up if you want it... can't set it to Auto.

Thanks for that piece of information, I hadn't picked up on that. I usually use P mode because I've always had manual cameras and that's what I'm used to. The only scene mode I've actually used and found useful was the snow mode on a Panasonic FZ30 I owned for a month (themain thing I really liked about the camera). Am I missing something?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2006, 11:41 PM   #12

No - I'd stay away from Scene modes all together - especially if you know how to use the more manual modes - all they do is set parameters for you - and are fully automatic, you can't change anything...

If you want "auto" - I'd stick with P. Move on to Av, Tv, M when needed.

ccallana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 8:07 AM   #13

Thanks - I'll stay with the P or M (depends on lens) with Av thrown in occasionally when I don't like what the camera chooses. I used to have an ME (rather than the ME Super) so I'm used to using aperture to control shutter speed. However, with the ability to control ISO I can see that it would be easier to use Tv - just haven't been in that situation yet..
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:27 AM   #14

i've shot almost 6000 shots since i got my ds. it has never been off either Av or M.

roy