Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 13, 2006, 9:20 AM   #11

robar wrote:
Quote:
is this a right click option?
Yes, Robar it is.
Rufus T Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:34 AM   #12

thanx rufus,
this looks better than the one i posted. the one i posted gives erroneous info about flash a lot.

roy
Old Mar 14, 2006, 7:01 AM   #13

i loaded opanda's exif viewer on my POS laptop and it changed the file association ofall myJPGs.
now i can't change it back and i can't open JPGs anymore. needless to say i'm not a very happy camper. i've tried and tried to fix the prob to no avail. i'll try again later as time is limited.
Old Mar 14, 2006, 8:31 AM   #14

That's strange. I had no issues with file associations. I installed it quite a while ago and don't recall any special steps during installation. I'll try it on a clean guinea pig PC at work and see what happens.

Update: I ran the newest install on WinXP and Win2000. The PC's where I did not select the option to install the trial version of the exif editor had no effect on the file associations. On a Win2000 PC where I did install the trial version the file association was changed to IEXIF.JPG. I was able to change the associations for .jpg and .jpeg back to its default app MS Photo Editor.

Anybody installing this should probably stay away from the exif editor. The viewer works like a charm.
Old Mar 14, 2006, 7:34 PM   #15

whew,,,, after a reboot i got back the rt. click option to ''open with'' and i was able to reassign irfanview association.
Old Mar 14, 2006, 7:58 PM   #16

For those who use FireFox I recommend FxIF extension http://ted.mielczarek.org/code/mozilla/fxif/
Edvinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2006, 8:33 PM   #17

robar wrote:
Quote:
whew,,,, after a reboot i got back the rt. click option to ''open with'' and i was able to reassign irfanview association.
That's good to hear. That trial exif editor was a surprise. I do like the reader though.