Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 12, 2006, 8:52 PM   #1

Bought a DL about 3 weeks ago and have been looking in for a while. Lots of good information and some really great pictures. The DL was my upgrade camera from a Minolta Dimage 7. Really liked my Minolta and will likely still use it some, but it didn't give me some of the options that I could get with a DSLR. (Actually wanted a DSLR when I got the Dimage, but the budget said no.) With the price on the Pentax, I felt like I couldn't go wrong. Got the camera with the kit lens and a second 70-300 mm Quantaray for and extra $100. I've been shooting a lot of photos and deleting a bunchof them mostly because I haven't gotten the hang of the 70-300, get a lot of fuzzy photos. It'll get better with practice, and I'm having a blast practicing. I have been trying to get some photos of birds, but they have been totally uncooperative until today. Here is the best that I've gotten so far.
Attached Images

JimInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 12, 2006, 9:04 PM   #2

welcome jim,
when you start getting 100% please let me know(just me). that raptor shotis worth 100 bad shots. a great capture..
i shot my first honeybees today and only got 2 for 25. i've had the DS for a year now almost to the day and the first shots with it were honeybees on a pear tree in bloom. unfortunately i don't have the pear tree anymore.. i got a lot more keepers on that first day than i got today..
Old Mar 12, 2006, 9:08 PM   #3

tell me if i'm wrong.
f9.5, 300mm, 1/20sec, and fill flash??
Old Mar 12, 2006, 9:22 PM   #4

Robar, everythng is right except the no fill flash. That is only one of 4 shots. The other three had the old blur problem. I've got to remember to at least stick the monopod on the bottom of the camera when I am using the 70-300.

Saw your bee photos. Good looking photos. Here's one of the bees that I took last weekend while walking around. Again, I got to use that monopod.

Attached Images

Old Mar 12, 2006, 9:31 PM   #5

One last one of some flowers from last weekend. It was a good day walking around the woods.

Attached Images

Old Mar 12, 2006, 10:02 PM   #6

looks like a pear tree to me. nice captures.
i've also have the sig 70-300APO. it takes rather good macros but it needs a tripod or mono. the lens itself in macro is just too long. i've gotten some outstanding macros w/it hand held but i think they are just lucky shots.. have never tried a monopod but one is in the mail as i write this. we'll see.roy