Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 16, 2006, 7:27 PM   #1

have just bought 1st dl, waiting for it to get here.
have also bought pentax 50-200 zoom lens, as would like to get long shots of animals, birds, etc.
already have older pentax lenses and filters,
but need to get advice from someone re: the right kind of polarizing filter for the two new lenses (I don't have 52mm filters already, and don't want to get an adapter ring, as am not sure about the whole thing), BUT, would someone please suggest a good polarizing filter which will go with the new digital slr that i have.
will order them tomorrow, don't live near any stores, so will check back then. look forward to hearing from some of you. ALSO... do you suggest 1 or 2 gb for a 6 mega camera.
thanks in advance
eyecatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 16, 2006, 8:31 PM   #2

The DL supports up to 2gb Sd cards, the 1gb will hold around 330 jpeg images and I have two 1 gig cards for my shooting, then I download onto an Epson p-2000 if I need to use them again when I am still out shooting.

It depends on your budget, but 2x2gig cards should give you the abilty to shoot over 1200 pics without running out of storage space. more than enough

The new Auto Focus lenses require a circular polarising filter, if you use the older style of PF it interferes with the AF. I use Hoya Circular Polarising Filter on my lenses.

Hope this helps.

AL
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2006, 9:34 AM   #3

thanks so much for your reply. will go ahead and get hoya, am familiar with them,already have them in the old format. am considerng getting a skylight filter, as always have, in the past, with older film cameras, kept them on as well as adding polarizing.
saw your photos of zebra etc., lovely.
and thanks for the info re: film card. or whatever it's called.
what is the other piece of equipment you mention regarding putting the card into while you are shooting:
the epson p2000
great picture, also, of the dog.
would love to come to australia . half my family is over there. all over the place.
ttfn.
eyecatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2006, 7:56 PM   #4

PFs are expensive.... get the largest you can afford and use step down rings to use it on all your lenses. be sure to get a CP..
Old Mar 18, 2006, 2:52 AM   #5

It is an Epson P-2000 image viewer and storage device.

40gig capacity, can view jpeg and Pentax RAW files as well, also plays music, MP3's and Mpeg4 movies. Extremely high resolution screen, simply pull your SD card out of the camera and stick it into the Epson P-200 and let it download, you can get about 20gigs of downloads before you need to recharge the Epson.

Great if you are out and about on holiday and shooting everyday, you never run out of space.

As the new travel ads say, "Where the bloodyhell are you?" Come on down to the Great Southern Land and enjoy taking some lovely shots of the "Back of Beyond" and "Beyond the black stump". :G:G

Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote