Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 16, 2006, 9:21 PM   #1

i know this is a film camera but i don't know where to go to ask.dos anyone know if this camera ats like the DL as for use with apature and speed? i know its a auto focus camera that why i am asking i am use to the manual pentax.
Andre_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 16, 2006, 10:13 PM   #2

The MZ-60 is very similar to the DL. As a lower line Pentax it does lack such nice features as a DOF preview, the scene modes, and most importantly it will not function with a lens that does not have an "A" setting on the aperture. This limits it to AF lenses and the A-series MF lenses, no older K-mount or screw mount lenses. All of the FA J lenses with no aperture ring will work fine, DA lenses will fit and function but will vignette very seriously at their wider settings. The battery pack Fg (which I have with my MZ-7) allows you to power the camera on AA batteries.

If all of your lenses are AF lenses the MZ-60is a good film companion to the DL, otherwise I would aim for an MZ-7, MZ-6 or MZ-5 (smaller number here means more features) since these will work with all Pentax lenses.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2006, 10:34 PM   #3

I have the MZ-50 and I really like it, haven't use it for a couple of years now. With the kit lense, the autofocus is lighting fast (faster than the DL) and is simple to operate. I imagine the performance of the MZ-60 would be quite similar.

-BE
bright eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2006, 9:57 AM   #4

dos anyone know how to get the mz-s?
Old Apr 1, 2006, 12:00 PM   #5

I saw three of them new in the Shutterbug Camera shop on Santa Rosa California last month and KEH usually has them in stock used for around $600. It is a great film camera!
There is one on ebay right now going for $610 with about half a day left on the auction.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2006, 11:22 PM   #6

if you find it on a site let me know i like ebay but i just don't think its safe.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 12:31 AM   #7

As I mentioned before, KEH has two of the MZ-S bodies for sale, one for $599 and the other for a bit less.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2006, 3:42 PM   #8

dos it have good auto focus and how is the veiwer look its not too dark?any info will help with this camera