Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 18, 2006, 1:48 AM   #1

Hi, Title should be Sigma 18-125

Just got my Sigma 18-125 for my DL and I do believe I have found a lens that will stay on my camera. The lens in the 18-55 range is basically as sharp as my Pentax lens and adding the added zoom capabilities I do believe this will my main lens. … yea I'm happy.
rritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 18, 2006, 3:12 AM   #2

I found it a bit soft at 24mm with a wide shutter, but yes it is a good walk about lens...enjoy :|
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2006, 11:16 AM   #3

Hi,

Going from a Fuji S602 zoom to the Pentax DL with the Sigma 18-125 I'm finding comparable zoom distances, a little more with the Fuji long end and much better at the wide angle with the Sigma. I've had my Pentax for 1 week and the Sigma for 2 days so there is still considerable experimenting to do. When I ordered the Sigma I knew the zoom capability was not going to give me quite what I had with the Fuji but I also thought if I order the 18-200 I would have problems with shake at anything past 125 without a tripod. I also thought the shorter zoom would give better clarity through out its range than the longer 18-200. Not sure I will but if I do go looking for a longer zoom I believe the Pentax 50-200 would be my choice.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 11:10 PM   #4

I think your LBA is about to kick in..:O
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2006, 2:51 AM   #5

I do have a question about my 18-55 Pentax lens. On auto focus I can still use the focus ring for fine tuning of the focus. On my Sigma in auto the manual focus ring is locked per design of the lens. Does the Pantex 50-200 operate the same as the 18-55 Pentax?
Old Mar 19, 2006, 5:26 AM   #6

The sigma 18-125 is the lens which is coming with the DL in the shop I work at, its quite a nice lens, comes with a petal lens hood and has a half decent macro - even better with some extension tubes fitted
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2006, 10:05 AM   #7

The 50-200 is one of Pentax's lens with "Quick Shift" - which allows for MF while in AF mode., just don't release the shutter from half press or it will AF again.

I think all of Pentax's DA lenses have this feature.
ccallana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2006, 11:07 AM   #8

ccallana This is good to know,

Thanks