Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 21, 2006, 12:24 AM   #1

Great pics guys i only wish i could figure out how to post one... computers are not my thing i have been trying the last 3 days to post one . im almost back in the stone age all my lenses are screw mount and manual cameras until now .I have got a lot to learn injoying the forum and info is great ..as for the istds2 its a dream to work with i to cant beleive that review in pop photo cheers
schnauzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 21, 2006, 1:51 AM   #2

schnauzer wrote:
Quote:
Great pics guys i only wish i could figure out how to post one... computers are not my thing i have been trying the last 3 days to post one . im almost back in the stone age all my lenses are screw mount and manual cameras until now .I have got a lot to learn injoying the forum and info is great ..as for the istds2 its a dream to work with i to cant beleive that review in pop photo cheers
To post a photo, just add it into the "attachment" box.

Popphoto's (gorious and shining) day was over IMHO. When they were called Modern Photography (and still in the 90s when they changed to their new name), their Lab Tests were really the true measurbation tests which I had to read. They tested alignment, noise (dBA, not digital noise level ;-)), exposure accuracy, AF speeds under high/low light and high/low constrast, time lag in millisecond, metering pattern and so on! Now that their tests now I would say are somehow crappy. Their decline is owing to their failure to upkeep with time and their inability to keep their old valuable tests.

Still, there is no one else up till now could carry out such useful technical *Lab* Tests, neither the most popular Dpreview.com website now (which indeed the measurbation tests are not really something can be very useful for technical reference IMHO, I just wonder why people often overreact with what they say in their "reviews" which are actually not true Lab Tests).. I think this *was* the Modern Photog's really big achievement indeed (as no one still could surpass them to publish some reports of that level of standard).

Forget about what PopPhoto says about the entry level DSLR "shootout" article, it just an user *review* by just *one* user, i.e. one user opinion afterall.

RiceHigh
http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh
RiceHigh is offline   Reply With Quote