Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 1, 2006, 10:51 PM   #11

Back in the old days life was much easier i was the firt person to get an slr camera in the city i grew up in accumulated 5pentax bodies and all the prime lenses up to 300mm. Then Pentax changed to bayonet mount I was pritty up set so wrote a letter to Pentax in Japan back in those days you would get a reply asap i can remember getting a nice reply back with in 4days I still have the letter some where..In a way i think that letter did somthing because every product they put out you could use my old lenseson so i must have been talking to the write person ,or they cared more. Being stuborn i still didnt buy any of there product untill last month my DS2.. the product they produced in the65 +75s was rugged and reliable and to this day all of them work except one es11 which i cant get parts for.. So anyways those issues you have with your cameras I hope you can resolve .I hope you get a reply keep it up.. when I lern how to run this computer of mine i will try to post some pictures Cheers every one
schnauzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2006, 4:28 AM   #12

schnauzer wrote:
Quote:
Back in the old days life was much easier i was the firt person to get an slr camera in the city i grew up in accumulated 5pentax bodies and all the prime lenses up to 300mm. Then Pentax changed to bayonet mount I was pritty up set so wrote a letter to Pentax in Japan back in those days you would get a reply asap i can remember getting a nice reply back with in 4days I still have the letter some where..In a way i think that letter did somthing because every product they put out you could use my old lenses on so i must have been talking to the write person ,or they cared more. Being stuborn i still didnt buy any of there product untill last month my DS2.. the product they produced in the 65 +75s was rugged and reliable and to this day all of them work except one es11 which i cant get parts for .. So anyways those issues you have with your cameras I hope you can resolve .I hope you get a reply keep it up.. when I lern how to run this computer of mine i will try to post some pictures Cheers every one
Thanks for sharing your story. I really think those were the days, as you said :-)

Indeed, Pentax have never replied to my various simple enquiries under warranty nor they replied my letter to their CEO (http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh/A_...rporation.html), even they destroyed my silver DS for their last "repair" in Japan.

RiceHigh
http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh
RiceHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2006, 4:35 AM   #13

schnauzer wrote:
Quote:
Back in the old days life was much easier i was the firt person to get an slr camera in the city i grew up in accumulated 5pentax bodies and all the prime lenses up to 300mm. Then Pentax changed to bayonet mount I was pritty up set so wrote a letter to Pentax in Japan back in those days you would get a reply asap i can remember getting a nice reply back with in 4days I still have the letter some where..In a way i think that letter did somthing because every product they put out you could use my old lenses on so i must have been talking to the write person ,or they cared more. Being stuborn i still didnt buy any of there product untill last month my DS2.. the product they produced in the 65 +75s was rugged and reliable and to this day all of them work except one es11 which i cant get parts for .. So anyways those issues you have with your cameras I hope you can resolve .I hope you get a reply keep it up.. when I lern how to run this computer of mine i will try to post some pictures Cheers every one
Thanks for sharing your story. I really think those were the days, as you said :-)

Indeed, Pentax have never replied to my various simple enquiries under warranty nor they replied my letter to their CEO (http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh/A_...rporation.html), even they destroyed my silver DS for their last "repair" in Japan.

RiceHigh
http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh
RiceHigh is offline   Reply With Quote