Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 25, 2006, 6:31 PM   #1

I am considering buying a DL, because I keep reading it is compatible with all the older Pentax lens, I have a late 70's Pentax that use this telephoto lens and loved the pics I got with it, if I can use the DL with it I would probably buy that model. Has anyone used them together successfully. It is the bayonet style.

Thanks
joellaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 25, 2006, 7:19 PM   #2

According to http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/the cpc phase 2 lens is made by Asahi Optical (Pentax) as a budget alternative to the SMC Pentax lenses. It should be completely compatable with the DL, but the camera will have to be used in manual mode and the menu item for aperture control must be set to allow the camera to function with a non-A lens. The built in flash will not function automatically with this lens but other than that it will just require you to focus and press the AE-L button to set the shutter speed.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 5:10 PM   #3

Thanks for the quick response. Interesting link too. I am going to start shopping around. I think this is going to be a lot of fun. I've been doing digitals with the orginial fuji camera which is a lot like an original kodak brownie in terms of what it can do

Joellaco
joellaco is offline   Reply With Quote