Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 29, 2006, 10:17 PM   #1

Today, when I came home from work there was this parcel waiting for me. The label on the box said "CameraCanada" and I opened the box with great excitment. Saw the content and I couldn't help but grinning from ear to ear. :-)The shinny DL2 bodywith the DA 18-55mm ALand DA 50-200mm EDlenses.Well, I will be busy playing with this baby for the next few days. In fact, they arrrived just in time becauseI have aphoto assignment this weekend (indoor party pictures) that I was hoping to use the new camera.

I better go and check out the baby carefully make sureeverything functioning 100%for the weekend. Pentax, don't let me down; this is too new a model fresh out of the factory.

Woo, I am a happy camper!

-BE

bright eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 29, 2006, 10:37 PM   #2

We rejoice with you -- have fun with your new toys -- please post some photos soon!

dan
dan-mx-ds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 8:56 AM   #3

So how's it going with the new camera? Isn't it great fun to get something that nice (says I, hoping to get my new lens today).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 10:14 AM   #4

I didn't know that the DL2 was available in Canada yet. Henrys still shows it as being on order. Where did you get it? How much did you pay (if you don't mind my asking.)

I have a Tamron 28-200 from my Pentax MZ-10 so I am still debating about the DL which can be had for much cheaper (in the US).
Birdman325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 5:40 PM   #5

congrats BEs
Old Mar 30, 2006, 8:15 PM   #6

mtngal,

It certainly is a beauty, I almost went with the DL because I had no idea when the DL2 kit would be available. Not that there is anything wrong with the DL, they are quite similar anyway, and the "extra feature" of the DL2 over the DL is really no big deal for me. However I think the DL2 dual lense kit is a better value, it would have costmore to get the DL and the extra 50-200mm lense. I like the DL2's black with silver trim color scheme, looks unique. I am happy and I think I made the right choice.

Birdman325,

I ordered it from http://www.cameracanada.com in London, Ontario about 3 weeks ago. At the time in their website they claim it was in stock but when I order they said it was not. They told me because it is new model and they not sure when it will be available. I told them I needa camera by the end of the month or else...:P. You know, I almost gave up waiting but suddenly received a email from them on Monday saying they shipped out my order. I was still skeptical because I heard nothing from anybody including the Pentax website about it is being available. Sure enough I received it on Wednesday and I am in Alberta. It was C$920.19 + $15 S/H. I think Henry selling for $999. I must have gotten the first shippment from Pentax Canadabecause even in CameraCanada website, the item is still not saying "in stock" yet. Their stuffsare generally cheaper than Henry's. This is the first time I deal with them and I am happy with their service. Hope this help.

-BE
bright eyes is offline   Reply With Quote