Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 31, 2006, 9:59 PM   #1

I was reading the manual on my new DS, going thru the settings...set iso to 200, finally figeured out how to turn off the sleep mode timer from default of 1 minute, and I set it to "off"...BTW, how many of you have it set for 5 min, 10 min, or 30 min???...

Any way, spot metering, center focus, etc...

I set the day, date and time...PROBLEM: when I went to world time to set daylight saving time, I was originally on my home time zone of New York (same as Georgia)...I must have pushed some wrong button, because now I have lost any time zone in USA...no NY, or Chicago, or Los Angeles...I have cities in INdia, SE Asia, Africa,but when I scroll thru the cities, it is as tho NY and other USA cities have vanished, even tho I saw them the first time...

Anyone know what I did wrong, and what I can do to undo it???

Also, today, I wentout to buy 2 camera bags...one to fit just the camera with a lens (plus pockets for batts and cards) to travel compactly...the other one a little larger to carry camera with lens, 1 extra lens, and flash...you would think this would be easy...I had to try 8 or 9 different bags to find the one that fit what I wanted, with a close fit...Tamrac, Lowepro, Quantaray...different shapes, sizes...surprised me...

Still reading manual...so no one can accuse me of "Hey, stupid, did you read the manual???"
marsha7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 31, 2006, 11:07 PM   #2

Hi Marsha 7

Try reading page 164 in the manuel. This might Be what you are looking for.

BK
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2006, 11:54 PM   #3

marsha7 wrote:
Quote:
Also, today, I wentout to buy 2 camera bags...one to fit just the camera with a lens (plus pockets for batts and cards) to travel compactly...the other one a little larger to carry camera with lens, 1 extra lens, and flash...you would think this would be easy...I had to try 8 or 9 different bags to find the one that fit what I wanted, with a close fit...Tamrac, Lowepro, Quantaray...different shapes, sizes...surprised me...

Just go with the Lowepro TLZ1 for just the camera and lens, and for the whole kit bag go with the Lowepro Micro Trekker 100. Both are very affordable cases and are excellent quality
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2006, 6:06 AM   #4

I have the lowepro 100AW slingshot. I find it a good compact bag, very well padded.

It holds my camera with lens and two extra lenses both with 77mm filters, my flash unit, off camera cable, 8 extra batteries, extra filters and remote control. If you need more room then get the 200AW.

The AW stands for All Weather. It has a wet weather cover that comes out from underneath and wraps overthe top to protect the bag in inclement weather.

It is a sling shot bag designed to slip over one shoulder and rotate to allow quick access to the the camera.
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2006, 8:33 AM   #5

Marsha7,

I'm not sure if I can duplicate what you did in World Time, but on my DS2, when I select my hometown and click to the right, I get the highlighted map (i.e., green box around the map). In this mode, as you click left or right, it steps through each continent, giving you only one choice per continent. Are you stuck in that mode? Click to get to North America, then click DOWN to highlight the name of the city in blue (probably either Honolulu or Halifax) and click left or right to get back to New York. If it sends you to another continent in this mode, just scroll back the other way. Does that help?

BTW, I'm in Georgia, too. And my power-off timer is set for 3 minutes...

Dan
dan-mx-ds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2006, 10:49 AM   #6

Bags, the Lowepro TLZ1 is an excellent choice for the camera and mounted lens. As for a larger bag, don't go too small, leave some room for growth. I havethree Lowepro bags, and old Nova 2 which will take camera with lens, flash and one more lens, a Nova 5 which will take two camera bodies a flash and six lenses (but is smaller than it sounds), and a micro trekker back pack which easily takes camera and four lenses. (see picture here: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=80 )

My wife has a Nova 3 which will hold Camera, flash and three lenses (probably just the size you want)and a TLZ Mini, too small for most lenses but will (tightly)fit a DL with 18-55mm and lens hood reversed). The reason for the Lowepro bags is that they are available locally at a reasonable price, Tamrac also makes excellent bags with some great features.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2006, 3:50 PM   #7

Dan mx ds2: thanks...I obviously did not scroll down when I reached the correct continent, so I "lost" Chicago, NY, LA, etc...

Once I got into the US, it was easy...your explanantion was easier than the manual, now I am set on NY Eastern time...

Now I will take better pictures...:lol::-):blah::|
marsha7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2006, 11:27 PM   #8

hi,

my dl is set to turn off in 10 min. i work too slow to have it set any less and forget too fast to not have it set on something. 8^)
ejbrusselsprout is offline   Reply With Quote