Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 11, 2006, 3:36 PM   #1

Hi !

When I first loaded this image into rawshooter it was lacking detail and sharpness. Fortunately I had already read on here to expect this and with very little effort I was suprised how well adjustments in a raw convertor can lift the image!. It's my first real attempt at wildlife after years of landscapes. It was taken with a 70-300mm Sigma at the 300mm end, f5.6 1/750sec at ISO 200

Comments good or bad please.

Attached Images

Mordarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 11, 2006, 4:46 PM   #2

Nice shot, enjoy your DS it is a great camera.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2006, 6:06 PM   #3

welcome mordath,
i only shoot in raw. you get use to it.. RSP is a great program. my prob is that i'm really use to using ACR that i forget i have RSP.

nice shot BTW,
roy
Old Apr 11, 2006, 9:48 PM   #4

Looks good to me - with all the results people post for rawshooter, I'd definitely get it. As it is, I have CS2 and get confused when I try anything else (been using photoshop for too long). You definitely seem to have a handle on it.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2006, 1:41 AM   #5

Many thanks for the positive comments.
Mordarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2006, 8:07 AM   #6

Great shot and great camera too.
Nonetheless, try out your lens not at the extreme end (300). Say 150-200mm. See if it is sharper. My hunch is that it should be. With raw, you can sharpen the image a bit but there is a limit as to what you can do.
Daniel

Mordarth wrote:
Quote:
Hi !

When I first loaded this image into rawshooter it was lacking detail and sharpness. Fortunately I had already read on here to expect this and with very little effort I was suprised how well adjustments in a raw convertor can lift the image!. It's my first real attempt at wildlife after years of landscapes. It was taken with a 70-300mm Sigma at the 300mm end, f5.6 1/750sec at ISO 200

Comments good or bad please.

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2006, 9:51 AM   #7

I still think the shot is fine and if you moved up the brightness and mid range contrast just a bit it would't be quite so flat looking. Hope you don't mind this example, but it doesn't take much to bring the image of the duck out from the water.

ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote