Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 18, 2006, 4:59 PM   #1

got this bird at jefferson island.fixed it by lighting the shadows and increseing the contrast and staturation a little in PSE4.pentax *st DL 105mm f/16 speed i think is 1/60.iso 400. comments welcome.
Attached Images

Andre_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 18, 2006, 8:26 PM   #2

Andre i i think this couldve benefited more by opening the apeture up a bit more to blur out the background, because you used f/16 im a little distracted by all the pebbles and the bushes being so in detail.

Also try getting lower to the ground, and maybe get more of the peacock in (as thats what makes it so beautiful-all its huge feathers) unless you chose to not show this on purpose, which if is the case i still recommend getting lower to get less of the pebbles in and more of the bushes, make sure you expose manually though or having that much dark will throw the meter off

apart from that its a good shot the colour is fantastic
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2006, 10:24 PM   #3

ya i kinda learned something today and i want to apply that to my camera next time i go.i don't use the meter that much. it dos help but i look at the pictures more now of days than the meter.i use to do like set the apature then use the speed to even out the light. but i started leaveing the speed setting after that and find the right apature and get the pictures i want.this the type of pictures i try to shoot.

Andre_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2006, 9:00 AM   #4

I agree with Ira. Might I make a suggestion and that is "play" a bit with your camera.

Take the shot you like and then take the same shot with varying apertures in Av mode, your camera will adjust shutter speed automatically to compensate and you can vary the DOF to isolate your subjectand remove busy backgrounds.

It is varying Aperture that gives the greatest variation in images, unless of course you are working with moving subjects and attempting to achieve motion blur or not.

After a day or so anda hundred pictures you willautomatically know what aperture YOU WANT to achieve the image YOU WANT. :|

I do like the photograph of the Japanese style house with the water.
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote