Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 21, 2006, 8:25 PM   #11

I agree. Very nice job on the bags/cases! It's satisfying to things fit comfortably and snuggly together. Most of the general purpose carrying bags just don't have the right foam styles/contours to give your gear an ideal fit.

Pat
pwithem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2006, 9:27 PM   #12

Wow! Kjell - those are really awesome bags! I'm using a Tamrac bag that is really nice (not the biggest, but big enough for as much stuff as I'm willing to carry). It's sections aren't sized exactly the right size, but close enough and certainly well padded. I'm going to start leaving the cases at home - I hadn't even thought aboutall thatextra weight!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2006, 10:49 PM   #13

So do you have to buy a separate seating ticket for that lens or do you have to pay excess luggage. :blah:

Do you just take those bags and a toothbrush when you go on holiday, you know the important stuff? :lol:

I have been thinking myself about getting a third camera bag now, because of my LBA, every time I buy a Lowepro I find I outgrow it and need a bigger one.
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2006, 12:28 AM   #14

Crashman wrote:
Quote:
Do you just take those bags and a toothbrush when you go on holiday, you know the important stuff? :lol:
I buy the toothbrush when I get there. Don't want to carry unnecessary weight. :idea:

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2006, 4:46 AM   #15

I'm glad that I keep it simple & use just one lens when I'm out & about.

I just don't see the point in lugging around hoards of lens.

With the exception of long distance lens, using just one lens forces you to compose the shot that best suits that particular lens which can have interesting and rewarding results .
Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2006, 12:30 PM   #16

Well, the suitcase is more of a keep-case than a carry-case, but it's good for transport i.e. in the car. It was very practical last year when I spent two days in a major zoo (but that was in my pre-DS days, so I won't post any pics:blah. Lugging around with it in the mountains would be a bit consuming, I suppose. As for the daily-carry-bag I often need a fast lens, and then zooms simply won't do. I rather look for the right lens for my purpose, than the right purpose for my lens.

Of course there is little point in bringing everything everytime, but then again some people spend hours every week in a gym just to lift heavy things from the ground and putthem back again.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2006, 6:18 PM   #17

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
Of course there is little point in bringing everything everytime, but then again some people spend hours every week in a gym just to lift heavy things from the ground and putthem back again.

Kjell
I knew there was a reason why I end up bringing more lenses and stuff than I think I'll need - I'm EXERCISING. Good for the heart and lungs and all that. And here I just thought I was being a pack-rat and disorganized, along with a desire to play with ALL my toys, since I don't have all that many and I'm still comparing some of them.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2006, 6:35 AM   #18

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Do those of you that have cases for your lenses keep them in them when carrying them around to use?
For many years I've carried my MX (and now DS2) and lenses in a cheap padded camera bag that has just enough compartments. I've never used lens cases or bags. It seems to work. In fact, when I lose too many lens caps, the lenses ride around with just their UV filters, with no ill effects!

Dan
dan-mx-ds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2006, 2:51 PM   #19

I bought a Canon Backpack bag at Amazon for cheap, and love it. Well made, very adjustable, and large enough for a lot of gear.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...e&n=502394
nznhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2006, 3:28 PM   #20

nznhut, great deal, my Lowepro micro trekker cost more than that.

You can see my large bags here in the first post http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=80 and my new Optex zoom holster style bag here (second post on page 2) http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...=80&page=2

I do not use lens cases, they just get in the way. If I am on a hike and need more equipment I use the backpack (with the little Slik tripod and a water bottle attached). If I am shooting an event, indoor or out, that does not involve much walking I pack the Nova 5 shoulder bag. For a day out, I just mountthe lens I want to use on the camera and drop it in the Optex. Reasonable care and a properly padded, and compartmentalized,camera bag will keep your lenses in excellent condition.

Right now the 24-135mm Sigma is my usual choice for the Optex bag because it has the most flexible range.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote