Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 30, 2006, 5:42 PM   #1

just trying out my 100mm f4 with 25mm ext. tube.

click the thumb for the larger version. i really like this option from photobucket..

Sponsored Links
Old Apr 30, 2006, 7:51 PM   #2

robar wrote:
Quote:
just trying out my 100mm f4 with 25mm ext. tube.

click the thumb for the larger version. i really like this option from photobucket..

Given that the image are only in 792x529, it is really difficult to see if they are sharp or not. Interestingly I was using photobucket also and had to return to Steve forum for uploading as it does allow 3000x2000.

Photobucket is good to an extent as it allows straight uploading of large file. But the max resolution -likely unknown to users- sucks.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2006, 8:15 PM   #3

dan, these are fairly sharp but this and other forums have limitations on file size so i always keep the file at under 100k. it's a shame but that's how it is. no way am i going to save different files sizes for different forums.. no time or inclination.. and it is a pity that a lot of shadow detail is lost in the jpg compression..

roy
Old Apr 30, 2006, 9:56 PM   #4

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
robar wrote:

Given that the image are only in 792x529, it is really difficult to see if they are sharp or not. Interestingly I was using photobucket also and had to return to Steve forum for uploading as it does allow 3000x2000.

Photobucket is good to an extent as it allows straight uploading of large file. But the max resolution -likely unknown to users- sucks.

Daniel
dan,
also, i am not going to post my images at a printable resolution.. never...............
max res at PB is 250k and that's printable or close to it.. actually, any resolution is printable at 4''x6''. if you know a means to enlarge it successfully.
Old Apr 30, 2006, 10:28 PM   #5

robar wrote:
Quote:
danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
robar wrote:

Daniel
dan,
also, i am not going to post my images at a printable resolution.. never...............
max res at PB is 250k and that's printable or close to it.. actually, any resolution is printable at 4''x6''. if you know a means to enlarge it successfully.
Both Photobucket and this forum have around 250k file limit. But the difference is in resolution. I was able to show the same pict at 3000x2000 in this forum which looks better.

Daniel
Old May 1, 2006, 11:23 AM   #6

generally not a good idea to upload printable quality images, because then people can steal your work.

Anyway, I usually save my images around 700x465 pixels, JPEG quality 7, and come out about 100~k and look half decent.

Also, try imageshack.us for hosting.

VV Argh how do i got quotes working???

robar wrote:
Quote:
danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
robar wrote:

Daniel
dan,
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2006, 12:44 PM   #7

While going through this steep learning curve, I don't belong to the caste of photographer fearing for my work being stolen. You may though.

Mind you 3000x2000 under 250k file size (in this forum) still does not allow you to have a marketable print of over 4"x6".

Daniel

errno_gmm wrote:
Quote:
generally not a good idea to upload printable quality images, because then people can steal your work.

Anyway, I usually save my images around 700x465 pixels, JPEG quality 7, and come out about 100~k and look half decent.

Quote:
Dan,