Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 6, 2006, 7:45 PM   #1

Trying to track down a screw mount adapter and although I have found a couple at B&H and Adorama (thanks to list members), shipping costs to Canada are nearly twice thecost of the adapter (e.g., 30US for Adorama on a US15 adapter). Anyone in Canada found a Canadian source they can recommend?

Thanks, Mike
mgedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 6, 2006, 7:57 PM   #2

Refined my search criteria and I may have answered my own question ... just found one at Henry's for $25 Canadian.

http://www.henrys.com/webapp/wcs/sto...;storeId=10001

Although currently not in stock, does this look like the right one?

Thanks, Mike
Old May 6, 2006, 8:07 PM   #3

call or email and ask henry's if you maintain infinity focus with the adapter. they are a photo store and will be able to answer. if it maintains infinity focus then it's the rightadapter. your link only goes to henry's page, not the descrip of the item..
Old May 6, 2006, 8:29 PM   #4

I have bought both mine via ebay.

This can be a handy source of older equipment, even though they get used on my *istDS.

philneast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2006, 9:27 PM   #5

Sorry about the link ... the URL does not change as you navigate within the site. In anycase, the description says:
  • Accepts thread mount lenses onto Pentax bayonet bodies [/*]
  • Lens still focuses to infinity [/*]
  • Aperture metering still functional
[/*]
Product is: PENTAX SP-K ADAPTER

WebCode: 056PEN001

Cheers, Mike
Old May 6, 2006, 10:12 PM   #6

Kerrisdale camera in Vancouver have them, and also Foto Fun in New Westminster I believe has them. The one I bought from Kerrisdale is a Pentax........thekman.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2006, 2:09 AM   #7

thekman620 wrote:
Quote:
Kerrisdale camera in Vancouver have them, and also Foto Fun in New Westminster I believe has them. The one I bought from Kerrisdale is a Pentax........thekman.

looks fine to me, mike..

roy
Old May 13, 2006, 10:42 AM   #8

I bought one from Henry's in Canada. It is indeed the correct M42 to Pentax K adapter. Works perfectly--focuses to infinity, easy to remove from camera. If you don't wish to wait until they have more in stock, you can purchase directly from PentaxImaging.com. You'll be very pleased when you get the correct adapter. It will open a whole new world of wonderful vintage glass for you.

I rarely use the DA kit lens any more that came with the camera. I'm getting the best images shooting Manual only and using the fantastic older screwmount lenses on my Pentax DS. Best wishes.

M42 fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2006, 12:01 PM   #9

Thanks ... I did order one from Kerrisdale Cameras in BC. It is a Pentax adapter and should be here this week some time. Looking forward to trying my older lenses too.

Cheers, Mike