Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 7, 2006, 11:43 PM   #1

Occassionally I will see some long range lenses i.e. 1000mm, etc on eBay. Most of these have T mounts and some very LOW prices. The old saying goes "You get what you pay for."

So, I would not expect anything great out of a 650-1000mm F8 T mount lens for $235.00US.

But are there any T mount lenses out there worth keeping an eye out for?

Crash:-?
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 8, 2006, 10:29 AM   #2

The old Spiratone lenses are usually quite good optically. Of these, the 400mm Pluracoat Sharpshooter is excellent, especially in combo with the Tamron 1.4 AF teleconverter (just make sure it says "Sharpshooter" on the front of the lens). I paid $30 shipped on ebay for mine. It's physically a bit long, but very light considering that it's all metal and glass, no plastic. Being a T mount, you can buy one advertised for any camera and change the mount yourself when it arrives.

Funny thing: in checking the completed listings you'll find that Spiratones listed as being for use on Nikons bring much more $$ than others, even if it is the same lens, so save those "N" t-mounts for when you sell .

Lou
derbunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2006, 8:06 PM   #3

Thanks

A little bit more educated....now. :idea:
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2006, 6:56 PM   #4

I had a 400m Spiratone Pluracoat lens that I bought new back in about l979. I had T-mounts for Contax and Pentax and used it on both bodies. It is indeed an excellent lens and gave me super pictures. The glass is great and the coating renders very pleasing colors.
M42 fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2006, 7:47 PM   #5

when using t-mount lenses i assume you have to use them as a preset lense?? like you do with m42 lenses??
Old May 15, 2006, 11:35 PM   #6

robar wrote:
Quote:
when using t-mount lenses i assume you have to use them as a preset lense?? like you do with m42 lenses??

Correct.

Lou
derbunk is offline   Reply With Quote