Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 14, 2006, 10:09 AM   #1

Something for the experts out there. I have discovered a Miranda 700 CD Flashgun in a box of junk. Will this work with my pentax or will it fry the camera's circuits. I don't really need an external flashgun at present, but always handy if free!
Fred666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 14, 2006, 3:34 PM   #2

take a look here
http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html
to see if it's listed. if not measure the voltage with a meter across the flash's poles. if it's under 30 volts then you are fine. pentaxUSA told me 300volts..but...
Old May 14, 2006, 3:48 PM   #3

Thanks for that website - makes interesting reading. May have a go at checking the voltage, but probably safer to save for a proper flashgun from this century!
Fred666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2006, 5:19 PM   #4

Fred666 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for that website - makes interesting reading. May have a go at checking the voltage, but probably safer to save for a proper flashgun from this century!
why?? i've got 3 old flashes and they work great.. 2 of them are TTL also. i also have the off camera cords for them and they all work great.. you'll just need to use it manually..

roy
Old May 14, 2006, 9:29 PM   #5

I would think twice about using a Maranda flash gun from the 60's before testing the voltage first. You might also look at the pins on the bottom, or does it even have pins and if not, how are you going to connect the PC cord to your DL2?

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2006, 9:43 PM   #6

$10, tom just about anywhere for a non-dedicated flash shoe to pc adapter. think the one i use with my manual ring flash was 5.95 at a local camera store..

edit: BE VERY sure you test the voltage as tom said..
roy