Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 14, 2006, 12:26 PM   #1

Thanks for the welcome, it was much appreciated.

The reason for enquiring about a firmware upgrade, was so I could try out Remote Assistant. I am interested in astrophotography and macrophotography (among others), so anything that helps with remote control is useful. I have just made myself a remote electronic cable release, based on the Canon design, I got from the internet, seems to work very well (cost me about £3 - $5). I use PSE3, and it doesn't support *ist DL2 raw files yet, but I find the freeware versions of Silkypix Developer Studio and RawShooter Essentials 2006, both support *ist DL2. So I am playing with these at the moment, and would appreciate any opinions about this software, including Adobe Camera Raw 3.3 (is the update going to be worth waiting for). I think I will only use raw for special shots, and most of the time use jpg.

By the way my name is Bob.

All the best to everyone and thanks for the welcome again.
furball is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 14, 2006, 12:43 PM   #2

I think I talk for all of us when I say we look forwards to seeing your pictures posted!

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2006, 12:59 PM   #3

If you get the Adobe RAW 3.4 it supports the DL2.
Fred666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2006, 3:17 PM   #4

welcome,
bob, see you are on the other side of the pond..

roy
Old May 14, 2006, 3:28 PM   #5

furball wrote:
Quote:

Thanks for the welcome, it was much appreciated.

The reason for enquiring about a firmware upgrade, was so I could try out Remote Assistant. I am interested in astrophotography and macrophotography (among others), so anything that helps with remote control is useful. I have just made myself a remote electronic cable release, based on the Canon design, I got from the internet, seems to work very well (cost me about £3 - $5). I use PSE3, and it doesn't support *ist DL2 raw files yet, but I find the freeware versions of Silkypix Developer Studio and RawShooter Essentials 2006, both support *ist DL2. So I am playing with these at the moment, and would appreciate any opinions about this software, including Adobe Camera Raw 3.3 (is the update going to be worth waiting for). I think I will only use raw for special shots, and most of the time use jpg.

By the way my name is Bob.

All the best to everyone and thanks for the welcome again.
Hi

As already metioned Adobe camera raw 3.4 Will support the DL2. As for the other Raw converters.I can only Speak for Raw Shooter. I love the program, what More can I say.I Loved RSE so Much, I actually upgraded to RSP. I just like the work Flow, much better than in ACR.

I have read a lot about this Program Silkypix. So much in fact i might just give it a try.

Again welcome and Enjoy

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 10:09 AM   #6

Thanks for the tip-off about Camera Raw 3.4. I've downloaded it, and installed it, with everything working ok.

I had an e-mail form Adobe UK customer services on "May 7th", in response to my query about an update, saying they had no knowledge when 3.4 would be released.

They pointed out I may need upgrade my software as well, talk about the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing!!!

All the best

Bob

furball is offline   Reply With Quote