Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 20, 2006, 5:46 AM   #31

Here is another using the same setup, but with a dark background.

Attached Images

perigee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2006, 8:26 AM   #32

Whoo! That's a guy you'd like to invite for dinner...

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2006, 7:09 PM   #33

Here's a picture of the whole flower and a couple of leaves - it looks like a vine of some sort (taken with the 50-200DA lens). The flower is fairly featureless.

I tried to adjust my monitor using Adobe Gamma, but haven't had much luck. I did a fair job of coming up with a better profile for the laptop's monitor, but what I came up with for my big monitor was terrible. The monitor's color balance seems pretty good - it's more the light/dark adjustment. I went back to the default settings and it is better.

Since my other half wanted to know what I wanted for my birthday, I told him about the Phoenix lens. He's ordered it from B&H (he still doesn't like to buy off of ebay). In the meantime, I've been having fun with some really outstanding sunsets and the 50-200 lens. The more I use it, the more I like it.
Attached Images

mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2006, 8:36 PM   #34

hope you saved some $$ and ordered the non AF version as you really don't need it for macros.. whats wrong with ebay????? gotten 90% of all my ''stuff'' there...
Old May 21, 2006, 9:32 PM   #35

He bought a new one from B&H, and they only carry the AF one.

It's raining here, and I got a chance to try the extension tube and the 50mm 1.7 lens on some wet grape leaves.

Added - now that I see this on the internet, is this a bit too light, or is it this monitor?
Attached Images

Old May 21, 2006, 10:04 PM   #36

i'd add some shadow, but that's my eye.. contrast and saturation is me.. depends on the image.
but , yes, it, it seems a little light to me on my hopefully calibrated monitor..
Old May 21, 2006, 11:17 PM   #37

Another try - the color of the background was bothering me, so I changed it. Son't know if this remake is any better - I changed the levels for the leaf to add shadow, then took out most of the color and darkened the background. Think I over-did it, though. Let me know if you think it's better or worse, and then I'll let this one lie.
Attached Images

Old May 22, 2006, 12:08 AM   #38

I really like what you've done with it. The second leaf pops better and the definition on the droplets seems stronger.

I like.

How do you do lens reversals? Is it some sort of ring that goes on the cam and then screws into the filter?

s.
stephers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2006, 12:08 AM   #39

The second one is absolutely better – at least as seen on my screen.

Kjell
Old May 22, 2006, 12:11 AM   #40

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Here's a picture of the whole flower and a couple of leaves - it looks like a vine of some sort (taken with the 50-200DA lens). The flower is fairly featureless.

It's a Vinca minor, english name Lesser Periwinkle. We have it in the garden, so it's not that exotic after all.

Kjell