Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 17, 2006, 5:37 AM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 19

Hi to everyone.

My name is Aneopa and I write from Brazil. I have been a silent member of this forum in the past few months, and this had helped a lot in my choice for the Pentax. Finally I will buy a DSRL from Pentax, but my country practices one of the highest tax policies in the word (dammed leftish populist governments), so I will be able to concretize the buy only in September when a friend comes back of his graduation from UCLA… Four moths of anxiety… Well, if I buy now, my camera would be a *ist DL (anyone could explain to me the mean of "*ist"?) with the Pentax DA 16-45 mm and PENTAX SMC F 70-210 mm, in four months this will be a wise choice?

I mean, I don't know much about the american market, so I ask for your help in a exercise of futurology.

For the summer in your hemisphere is expected the new releases from Pentax, right?

This will make the DL price even more down or the camera will be out of production?

How much do you fink I can except pay for the releases from Pentax in DSRLs bodies?

In short, if I have a good knowledge about the american market what do you fink I should do?

Thanks all, and sorry for the lousy english, a long time without practice just reading, give you that.
aneopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 17, 2006, 8:26 AM   #2
Posts: n/a

hi, welcome to the forum.. as far as the future is concerned, i do not have a clue.. hopefully the DL will be available for your purchase..

  Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2006, 5:36 PM   #3
Senior Member
mtngal's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Frazier Park, CA
Posts: 16,111

I can't help you with what things would be like in the Pentax world in September. They've already come out with the DL2, which should lower the price of the DL right now, but I would guess inventory would start drying up soon. On the other hand, I don't think there's all that much difference between the two. I think in your shoes, I'd just wait and get your friend to buy whichever camera is current in September, then it isn't sitting around for a while (withthe risk of getting damaged). I don't think the cost will be that much higher or lower. However, I'm no expert when it comes to these things.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2006, 1:59 PM   #4
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 19

Thanks for the replys. I`ll wait until September. See you then
aneopa is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:20 AM.